Favorite WDW Scents

Lanipie

I love the smell inside Dinosaur when you're loading onto the ride. Also the smell inside Universe of Energy w/the dinosaurs. lol I dunno what it is with me and dinosaur smelling stuff.

Definitely the oranges in Soarin' and burning Rome on Spaceship Earth. :animwink:

Oooooh yes I love the Universe of Energy smell! I totally forgot about that one.

I also love the smell of Rome burning on SSE and the Disney Water smell.

Cmdr_Crimson

The smells I recall..first one and still no one mentioned it...The monorail at MCO to go to the Magical Express.

The Disney Transport What a Gnarly scent. When I use a bus I just think I'm back on A transport.

A great morning scent is when you step out early from your room and take a deep breath.....Now that's heaven!

Any of the Older attractions at epcot have this one perfect stagnant scent that is just awesome..can't put my finger on it but it might just be some kind of mold.

Pecos Bill's Tall Tale cafe...the buffet style pile on area where they cook the fried mushrooms....*drools* Same goes with Pinochio's village haus (Prior to italian style food). But Nothing says disney like a hint of Pooh...(waiting for your double take) HA-ha! And if you thought that...eww. No it's the area adjacent to the Winnie the pooh attraction and Mad Tea party just heading south of Cosmic Ray's...It's a mix of everything..it's sooo good.

crxbrett

Some of my favorite smells from the past and present

The oranges in the farm scene on Horizons at EPCOT

The burned ashes of Rome on Spaceship Earth at EPCOT

The wet and slightly musty smell in the atrium area of the lobby in the
Grand Ceremonial House at the Polynesian Resort

The dungeon area and caverns of POTC in the Magic Kingdom

The Seven Seas Lagoon as you ride one of the launches from the Grand Floridian and Polynesian Resorts

The WDW Railroad trains burning coal

The diesel exhaust from the Grand Prix Raceway (or Indy Speedway)

The humid, muggy smell of the parks after it rains.......aahhhhh

The shower water (or any water from a faucet) in the hotel rooms.....I live in Los Angeles and the water here doesn't smell the same....doesn't smell at all actually:lol:

The chlorinated water in Splash Mountain

xcrashx15

I think everyone has already mentioned my favorites, I'm not sure if anyone listed the smell of those roasted nut stands though. I remember that one from my first trip to Disney when I was young. I begged my mom to buy me some even though I didn't even like nuts. Now I have to find some every time I go.

Does anyone else have a least favorite (other than the stink bug or other scents common to Animal Kingdom...)? Someone mentioned B.O. on another thread, but I remember the first time I went on Soarin' the smell of feet was overpowering. I looked at my aunt sitting next to me and she also had a disgusted look on her face. Has anyone else had this experience or was it just that the people around me had poorly ventilated shoes? Luckily we got to smell the oranges shortly after that!

doombgy

My all-time favorite smell in Disney is when I first walk through the doors of the Haunted Mansion. It gives me goosebumps every time! I don't really feel like I'm in Disney until I smell that lovely musty smell. My heart races everytime I take a deep breath as the doors open.....wish I was there right now :cry:

GrowingUpDisney

I didn't read the whole thread, so someone may have already mentioned this but...

Although I have never eaten there and actually dislike BBQ, I have to say my favorite smell is the Flame Tree Barbeque in the mornings before it opens. We always pass it on the way to breakfast at Donald's and they are already cooking getting ready for the lunch crowd.

Niki

Popcorn - it always smells better than it taste.

Main Street - MK - Bakery mmmmm

Nuts at the stands. I only know of two stands - Epcot by the connection between FW and WS and the other is Animation Courtyard/Big hat area at MGM.

I love the smell of the Rose Garden at Epcot.

ilovepluto23

-Splash Mountain chlorine smell...I have no idea why I like this, I'm strange :p
-Soarin' scents
-Turkey Legs (although I don't like to eat them)
-Space Mountain
-Burning scent on SSE (I forget what scene...Rome I think...)

JCorduroy

* Rome burning in Spaceship Earth.

I loved this until the ride broke down for my wife and I once and we were stuck there for 25 minutes before they evacuated...:p

However, my favorites are...

• The lobby at the Great Ceremonial House
  • All the goodies at 'Ohana
  • Japan
  • The Oasis at AK - it smells so natural, like wet soil
  • Popcorn!!
  • Chlorine at the pools and water parks
  • Campfires at the campgrounds
  • That famous Monorail scent (somewhere between clean and ick)
  • Pecos Bills
  • Pirates

beanboon

The monorails are left open at night at cats sometimes wander and mark their territory. It's true!

I can't believe so many people said the monorail. When I was there last year I got in two cars and both smelled like a combination of a loaded diaper and rancid BO. And I was actually looking forward to it, because i always remembered the smell of the air conditioning units.

My favorite smell would have to be MK or AK first thing in the morning. The smell of coffee and flowers at AK and the smell that MK just has at that time, I can't put a finger on what it is.

YankeeMouse

Scents of the World

#1 is Main Street Confectionary! I bought a hair gel spray that smells like it to me (my husband thinks I am insane). #2 for me is the lobby of the Great Ceremonial House, Polynesian. #3 Pecos Bill's, the grilling of onions at the topping bar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom