Favorite Type of Camera Strap

MomofPrincessGrace

Hi Everyone,

We are going down in September for the Halloween Party and since we won't have the Memory Maker, I am going to bring my Cannon DSLR. I really don't want to bring my camera case because it's bulky, and i'm not sure if the neck strap that I have would be very comfortable since the camera is a little on the heavy side. Would a crossbody type strap be more comfortable? Also, what is the best way to keep the camera safe on rides?

Thanks in advance!

righttrack

I like an Ever-ready style camera case. Similar to this one
719PiM4%2BLKL._SX466_.jpg

The case wraps around the body of the camera and is secured by a snap or two, release the snap and the over-wrap part of the case falls down and you can take a pic. Secure it back and you're good for a ride. They are typically made to fit certain cameras so they fit like a glove. The strap part affixes to your camera strap fasteners so there is no extraneous straps, buckles etc. This only works as your only case going on a trip if you are only going to take one lens and leave it mounted on the camera.

Upvote 0

righttrack

As for the strap itself, a woven strap (like a guitar strap) that is about 1 1/2" wide is probably best. I'm against a cross body strap because that doesn't put the camera in a good place to take a quick picture with. That combined with an every-ready styled case is all you need. The kind of strap I'm talking about is like this one:

Green_Stripe_Strap_SLR_Camera_Strap_Canon_Nikon_Camera_Strap_DSLR_Camera_Strap_Bohemian_Series_7204-3_grande.jpg

Upvote 0

drizgirl

As for the strap itself, a woven strap (like a guitar strap) that is about 1 1/2" wide is probably best. I'm against a cross body strap because that doesn't put the camera in a good place to take a quick picture with. That combined with an every-ready styled case is all you need. The kind of strap I'm talking about is like this one:
That really depends on the strap.

Upvote 0

MomofPrincessGrace

Original Poster

Green_Stripe_Strap_SLR_Camera_Strap_Canon_Nikon_Camera_Strap_DSLR_Camera_Strap_Bohemian_Series_7204-3_grande.jpg
So I already have a woven strap (and a neoprene one), so I should use both the neck strap and the ever-ready style at the same time?

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

We always skip Memory Maker because I like taking my DSLR. I have a Canon as well and maybe I'm just used to the weight, but I usually just wear it around my neck. If I need to, the basic strap is long enough for me to shift it to crossbody. I normally carry a medium sized backpack (ponchos, allergy meds/epipens, first aid, etc.), so my lenses not in use and back up battery are in my pack. If I need to stow my camera, it just goes in there too...ex. if I want to put it up while on Splash Mtn.

Upvote 0

MomofPrincessGrace

Original Poster
We always skip Memory Maker because I like taking my DSLR. I have a Canon as well and maybe I'm just used to the weight, but I usually just wear it around my neck. If I need to, the basic strap is long enough for me to shift it to crossbody. I normally carry a medium sized backpack (ponchos, allergy meds/epipens, first aid, etc.), so my lenses not in use and back up battery are in my pack. If I need to stow my camera, it just goes in there too...ex. if I want to put it up while on Splash Mtn.
That's a good idea. We usually carry a lightweight backpack too, so I will probably just stow it away when needed.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom