Favorite shoe choice for the parks?

DJ7203

I think sneakers would be the best choice because of comfort & support. I am just worried about going on a water ride or it raining & being stuck sloshing around in wet shoes. I don't think flip flops would be the best choice either, because they give no support at all & they could fly off on a ride. I sandals are also an option, but I worry about them hurting my feet after a few hours. Those are my only 3 options & I'm not sure which is best lol! What do you all prefer?

kasey1988

I wear my everyday sneakers most of the time (Nike Shocks).. Ive wore flip flops to animal kingdom, because I know we will ride Kali River Rapids a few times, and we usually don't spend as long there as we would other parks.

I wear flip flops in the evenings to, when we are only at DTD or the parks for a few hour.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

I bring a few choices and they are all very comfortable. After many trips to the World, I have finally found the best footwear for me. I bring a pair of lightweight nikes with mesh sides and fronts.. the mesh is nice to let some air in and aren't so tight on my feet. They are great and don't hurt my feet after long days. I also wear Sanuk flip flops, that are made of a thick yoga mat and these are just heaven!!! And my disney Toms are wonderful! I never believed how comfortable they would be in the parks when I read about them, until I wore them myself and I must say... I wore ny Toms more than anything else. It is good to have different options to change it up each day. Wear the sneakers in the morning then change into Toms at night, that kind of thing.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

I wear my sneakers most of the time. If we're only going into the park for a short time, and it's super hot, I might do a pair of flip flops. If I'm sure my shoes are going to get wet, I'd probably toss a spare pair of sneakers in a locker so I didn't slosh around all day.

Upvote 0

diznyboyz

I think sneakers would be the best choice because of comfort & support. I am just worried about going on a water ride or it raining & being stuck sloshing around in wet shoes. I don't think flip flops would be the best choice either, because they give no support at all & they could fly off on a ride. I sandals are also an option, but I worry about them hurting my feet after a few hours. Those are my only 3 options & I'm not sure which is best lol! What do you all prefer?
If you do sandals I have worn Keen. Expensive but worth it. Waterproof too. But favorite socks and New Balance with molesting as a back up.

Upvote 0

Foltzy

Baseball cleats.

Anyway. Ya. Basic nikes. If I go to the hotel at midday to later I put on flip flops for EMH, dinner stuff like that.

Upvote 0

NeedMoreMickey

I usually wear sneakers. Just recently I purchased a couple pair of Kentwool socks to play golf in, they guarantee no blisters and my feet felt great after a round of golf. I'm thinking about wearing them to the parks in September. Seems like the last three trips I've ended up with some kind of foot problem could be worth a try.

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

I will never ever and I repeat never wear sneakers or any shoe that requires socks again. Every time I have gotten blisters I have been wearing socks, so I refuse. Most of the time I wear ugly crocs because I never get blisters with them.

Upvote 0

Chernaboggles

Merrells. Mr. CBS and I both wore Merrell sneakers with Champion Double Dry socks every day and never had a single blister. The shoes dried super fast whenever they got wet, were lightweight on our feet and can be thrown into the washing machine at need. If you can find an outlet store, you can get some great deals, but either way they're worth every penny.

Upvote 0

Dads 2 Boys

Nike Air Fingertrap Max!!!

In regards to getting wet on rides....while most people bring ponchos for their body, I bring one to wrap around my feet and lower legs. Yes I know it sounds "stoopid" but I hate when my feet are wet so I wrap the poncho around my feet (from knee down) and under so my feet are then on the lower rail on Kali. Four times with this method and zero moisture on my feet.

I also bring my Nike tennis shoes (Air Ballistics) and two other pair to rotate so I don't wear the same shoes on back to back days. If that's an option for you...do it. It makes a world of difference.

Upvote 0

Tink28

I always wear Trainers (Sneakers) with socks and feet fine, take some sandals, I can't wear flip flops, for evening out or around the pool

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

This summer my feet have taken a beating for some reason. Out of no where leg, knee, back and some foot pain has started. I used to be able to do .99 cent flip flops for hours at the parks. Last week couldn't do 4 in Reefs at the Zoo! Anyway found some Adias mesh sneakers that are designed to be worn with out socks and dry very quickly. They are very stream line and don't look horrible with my skirts and dresses. I ordered a new pair of crocs flip flops and have my sanuks to alternate. 16 days....OMG! Running out of time to break the shoes in

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom