Favorite ride to watch a newbies reaction.

Susan Savia

Test Track - I knew to expect that fast zip around the outside on my first time on it last year, but now its fun to watch others in our car enjoy it.

foreverbelle

Mine would have to be Everest and of course Soarin'. We took my older sis last summer and her reaction to both was classic. Especially since I was expecting at the time and couldn't ride them, so to see her was wonderful.

KaneMarko

It's probably a tie between EE and TOT.

EE because newbies to that ride, in my experience, come of the ride maybe shaking a little and saying something to the effect of "OMG! Did you see that monster". Well, when the Yeti is fully operational that is.

ToT because the ride is so intricately designed that newbies are typically blown away just by the look and feel of the ride just going through the line.

diddy_mouse

Dinosaur ranks up there for me. :lol: And Splash Mtn, with the build up to the final drop. I always love hearing "Here it comes!" on the first short drop then the "Oh, I guess that wasn't it" right after. :lol:

EPCOTPluto

Thrill wise, BTMR or TOT gets my vote.

Though I like to see a newbie really react to:

- TSM for its queue and ride altogether
- SSE for its signature ride
- Any Fireworks Show for just the overall grandiose pleasure to see it personally
- The Prices of Merchandise :lookaroun

Kamikaze

It's Tough to be a Bug - when the hornets sting, and at the end when all the bugs "exit" the theater. I always lean forward and watch the reactions of the unsuspecting victims :)

Yup! We never tell the newbies that we take about that part just for that reason.

The only other thing I can think of is making them drink Beverly.

Goofy69

TOT definately. I also like to look at the pictures coming off the ride. Shear terror are in some peoples faces.

I also like Mickey's Phillarmagic (Sp?), when the corks blow off on the champaign bottles. The newbies reactions are great.

DisneysRedHead

I love seeing people's reaction in the line of RnRC when they see the car take off. Especially that "what am I getting myself into?" face. Also seeing the pictures at the end of the ride are awesome and harlious!

hpyhnt 1000

Soarin' and Philarmagic are the best attractions to watch. With both, I have yet to see anyone leave disappointed.

I also would add that the fireworks shows, but especially Reflections of Earth (especially the wall launches are working), are also fun to watch next to newbies. :)

disneyowf

Soarin', specifically the golf ball moment

I agree with Castevens completely! I remember the first time I rode Soarin when it just had opened, literally everyone on the 'ride' applauded and seemed to just be in awe. Every time I've been back to Soarin, the reactions to the 'surprises' like the golf ball are just awesome!

jen2009

ToT has to be the funniest ride when it comes to people who have never rode it. They don't expect the drops when they happen. Its a fun ride when a newbie is on it. :)

When we bring friends that have never been we like to use Splash Mountain. We take them thru the MK, in and out of each land via the hub in front of the castle, not the connector areas. It makes the park seem that much larger. After lunch at Tony's, we catch the train back to splash mountain. They never actually see the drop until they are on the ride. It has worked out hysterically 3 out of 3 times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom