Favorite Restaurant at Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios

mblake

Original Poster
My girlfriends and I are going to Disney, first week in June and would love to get some suggestions on where to eat? We are all in our 50's and love a good meal with maybe a little bit of entertainment ?

aliceismad

Epcot has a wealth of restaurants. The only truly bad meal I've had there is at Coral Reef and that was many years ago. Personally I like restaurants in the France pavilion the best. If you want entertainment as well, you might enjoy Biergarten.

Animal Kingdom also has good choices. For sit downs, I like Tiffins for dinner and Yak and Yeti for lunch. Satu'li Canteen and Flame Tree Barbecue are my favorites for quick service meals.

Hollywood Studios in not my first choice for eating. I like Sci-Fi for the experience, but the food is not great.

Are you going to Disney Springs at all? Some good food choices there in some interesting atmospheres. Raglan Road has dinner entertainment.

mblake

Original Poster
Epcot has a wealth of restaurants. The only truly bad meal I've had there is at Coral Reef and that was many years ago. Personally I like restaurants in the France pavilion the best. If you want entertainment as well, you might enjoy Biergarten.

Animal Kingdom also has good choices. For sit downs, I like Tiffins for dinner and Yak and Yeti for lunch. Satu'li Canteen and Flame Tree Barbecue are my favorites for quick service meals.

Hollywood Studios in not my first choice for eating. I like Sci-Fi for the experience, but the food is not great.

Are you going to Disney Springs at all? Some good food choices there in some interesting atmospheres. Raglan Road has dinner entertainment.
Thank You for your suggestions!!!:)

fizzieee

For Epcot, I second the suggestion for Biergarten for the entertainment value, but if you like americanized Mexican food, I 100% suggest San Angel Inn Restaurante - can't beat a table next to the water for the 3 Caballeros boat ride inside the Mexico pavilion. Plus, tequila!

Animal Kingdom, I second @aliceismad's suggestions. Also, check out Nomad Lounge if you're just in the mood for a drink and/or small plates.

Hollywood Studios - really isn't a great place for dining, but 50's Prime Time can be fun if you enjoy the antics (food is mediocre) and Hollywood Brown Derby has decent food. The environment isn't quite as enticing as the previous suggestions, but better food than Sci-Fi and 50's Prime Time. ABC Commissary has a brand new menu as well that looks pretty interesting (as far as the Studios is concerned), although it doesn't have a great atmosphere either. Also - if you're a Star Wars fan, try to get a reservation for Oga's Cantina. The drinks and the atmosphere are top-notch.

Have fun on your trip!!!

Weather_Lady

@aliceismad answered it all perfectly. I second everything she said.

CynBeth

Epcot - Coral Reef, Chefs de France, Tutto Italia, and Le Cellier
DHS - 50’s Prime Time Cafe
Animal Kingdom - Rainforest Cafe

harryk

When going to Ragland Road, if you want to see the show and dancers, you may have to insist. The last 2 times I was there they tried to seat us in an out of the way table with no view of the show. They adjusted when we refused the seating and said we would wait for another table.

Hockey89

Animal kingdom really does have some nice places....
Epcot: Love the wine bar or England....
HS: Blah across the board.... Brown Derby I guess...

JIMINYCR

AK... Yak & Yeti. Always a favorite of ours to dine on every trip.
DHS... Either Sci Fi or 50s Prime Time. The uniqueness of entertaining at both make them worth it. Drive in theming and movie clips vs snitty waitstaff that can be very entertaining if you enjoy the back and forth banter.
EP... La Hascienda for food. Biergarten for entertaining music show. Biergarten serves family style platters now.

Club Cooloholic

My girlfriends and I are going to Disney, first week in June and would love to get some suggestions on where to eat? We are all in our 50's and love a good meal with maybe a little bit of entertainment ?
As others said Sci Fi is really fun at HS, food is typical, but fun atmosphere.

In AK Yal and Yeti has a reasonably interesting theme, I find the food hit or miss. Lately we just do the Flame Tree BBQ, which is maybe the best QS in all of WDW, especially when you consider it has the nicest outside seating area by a longshot.
MK Skippers is the best bet.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
As others said Sci Fi is really fun at HS, food is typical, but fun atmosphere.

In AK Yal and Yeti has a reasonably interesting theme, I find the food hit or miss. Lately we just do the Flame Tree BBQ, which is maybe the best QS in all of WDW, especially when you consider it has the nicest outside seating area by a longshot.
MK Skippers is the best bet.
I’ll go Flame Tree as one of the best for the parks. I still think Polite Pig has it beat if we’re talking resort wide.

Hcalvert

We're going about the same time.

At EPCOT, my family likes the Biergarten, but we haven't been there since the closure. For our June trip, we are not eating at EPCOT, but will be eating at the Beach Club's Beaches & Cream Soda Shop.

At Hollywood Studios, there is not many restaurants that offer entetainment. My family went to Brown Derby for lunch for the first time in December and really enjoyed the cobb salad and the burger. Like someone else said, Sci-Fi is a good theme restaurant. We went twice during our trip in December and already made reservations for our June trip. We're making lunch reservations at Brown Derby for our June trip.

At Animal Kingdom, I, too, recommend Yak & Yeti and the Rainforest Cafe. However, I am going to throw in a restaurant nearby-Sanaa at AKL's Kidani Village. You could possibly get a table near the windows and view the animals in the savannah. The bread service is awesome.

crawale

Brown Derby for HS - they cook a steak to perfection.
France for Epcot - Canada used to be great but got way expensive for the quality of food. Last time we were there had the steak tartare with absolutely no seasoning - ugh!
Animal Kingdom used to have Tusker House which was great. Actually best food is at Satuli Canteen now.

aliceismad

It's interesting to me that so many people have mentioned Rainforest Cafe. I've eaten at the chain twice elsewhere and found it to be underwhelming. Is the AK version better? AK has so many delicious places that I never even considered eating at Rainforest.

That chain also owns T-Rex at Disney Springs, right? I've heard that recommended, especially for kids, because of the ambiance.

ppet

EPCOT, I've had good meals at Tutto Italia, and Le Cellier, but in my opinion Chefs de France has gone down hill the last few visits.
Animal Kingdom, Rainforest Cafe is good for kids but for adults I would recommend Yak and Yeti.
HS- Sci fy is a cool environment but the food was very underwhelming on my last visit. I would recommend 50 Prime time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom