Favorite queue

Mrs.Toad

Original Poster
There are many threads about the best of the best and our favorites from childhood and beyond...so I figured the queues are loved to.

Does anyone have favorite queues or some you think have excellent design/props, etc. Any that really hieghten a ride/attraction before you even approach your seat?

Splash Mountain is my favorite. I remember when it opened...the winding path...the little birdhouse....and the excitement when you finally get down the steps inside the mountain to get to the loading area. I love Brer Fog's shadow in the rocking chair and the portraits of the characters on the wall.

Also, the "You may get wet sign" with a drenched Brer Rabbit.

TakeMeThere81

I would also have to vote for ToT! I remember the first time I rode it when it opened in DCA. My skin was crawling before I even entered the boiler room area...and it still does that no matter who many times I ride!

Other favorites of mine are PotC and Star Tours

MKCP 1985

Does anyone have favorite queues or some you think have excellent design/props, etc. Any that really hieghten a ride/attraction before you even approach your seat?

Splash Mountain is my favorite. I remember when it opened...the winding path...the little birdhouse....and the excitement when you finally get down the steps inside the mountain to get to the loading area. I love Brer Fog's shadow in the rocking chair and the portraits of the characters on the wall.

Also, the "You may get wet sign" with a drenched Brer Rabbit.

That's your favorite, really? :eek: After my last 90 minute standby wait in 90+ degree weather, I swore off that queue! :lol:

My favorite queue is Expedition:Everest. Every bit along the way, we are making progress toward a mountain expedition! :D Other favorite queues are Star Tours, Test Track, Mission:Space and Tower of Terror - both the gardens outside and the boiler room. :D

Chrononymous

Man, TOT has such a fabulous queue! Everything from the cracked fountains outside, to the dusty interior lobby, to the library...just awesome.

I also love the Splash Mountain queue, but I think it's just because I am a Splash Junkie!

(I think I would like it a lot less without the fastpass!) The music is so catchy, and the little projection of Brer frog telling the story...love that stuff!

POTC has a pretty cool queue too, as does Expedition Everest.

My favorite used to be the Muppetvision queue...but that was before the countdown clock was removed. :(

goofykt

1) ToT
2) TSM (last year when we were standing in line, Mr. Potato Head kept dropping his ear on the floor and a cast member would have to come out and stick it back in :ROFLOL:)
3) HM

Chevross

My favorite queue would have to be the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad actually, I know odd choice but there are certain spots in the line where you can see almost all of Liberty Square and Frontierland and some of the ride and it is a great view.

Jasonflz

Space Mountain ftw.

I actually have a hard time answering this question considering most queue's in WDW are immersive and well done.

dxwwf3

MK - Splash Mountain (Even though the themed part of the queue isn't very long)

Epcot - Journey Into Imagination with Figment (Kind of wins by defaut, not the strongest park for queues)

DHS - Muppet Vision 3D (The only problem is that the line is almost never long enough to see everything. This is one you have to explore on your own time)

AK - Expedition Everest (Best in Florida)

USF - Men In Black (Queue is almost as good as the ride itself)

IOA - Dueling Dragons (Would be a tie with Spider Man if it was the way it was in 99 before Express when they took some of the queue up for that)

Disneyland - Indiana Jones Adventure (Best ever)

DCA - Monsters Inc (Another park without strong queues)

matt88mph

I agree with the sentiments that the Indiana Jones Adventure in Disneyland has the best queue of all.

In WDW, I would have to pick my favorites on a park-by-park basis.

MK: Splash Mountain, Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean
Epcot: Test Track, Mission: Space, The American Adventure
DHS: Star Tours, MuppetVision 3D, The Great Movie Ride
DAK: Dinosaur, Expedition Everest, It's Tough to be a Bug!

sjead

This is a tough one. There are so many great ones.

MK: POTC
AK: Everest
HS: TOT
AK: ITTBAB (so cool to check out the Tree of life carvings on the way in!)

danpam1024

I have to agree w/most of you, the queues are just as good as the attractions!
Mine are:
MK- HM...it's wonderful inside and out. I love the way PotC smells though:shrug:
Epcot- Test Track
DAK- Everest and Kali- so much to look at! Dinosaur too
DHS- ToT-even when I watch it on the travel channel w/ Sam Brown, I get goosebumps! and I love Star Tours
But by far, I LOVE searching for hidden Mickey's in all of the queues:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom