favorite places to eat off property?

steviej

Original Poster
I know these sound a little "what the heck-ish?" but we don't have any of these places here in The Garbage State, NJ

Waffle House
looooooooooooove the waffle house, could eat there every day and never get sick of it. We usually go there for a midnight snack a couple times during each trip.

Krispy Kreme
Would give my right arm for 1 in NJ. I don't care what anyone says, a hot KK glazed donut is proof God loves us. A couple months ago, Krispy Kreme announced they were building in 6 locations in North NJ but no specifics since :mad:

Steak N Shake
Great food, cheap, can't ask for much more.

Would love to hear some other suggestions? Preferably Mom & Pop joints around the Disney area.

thomas998

I know these sound a little "what the heck-ish?" but we don't have any of these places here in The Garbage State, NJ

Waffle House
looooooooooooove the waffle house, could eat there every day and never get sick of it. We usually go there for a midnight snack a couple times during each trip.

Krispy Kreme
Would give my right arm for 1 in NJ. I don't care what anyone says, a hot KK glazed donut is proof God loves us. A couple months ago, Krispy Kreme announced they were building in 6 locations in North NJ but no specifics since :mad:

Steak N Shake
Great food, cheap, can't ask for much more.

Would love to hear some other suggestions? Preferably Mom & Pop joints around the Disney area.
We like going to Friendly's... Probably the only chain I miss after moving out of New England... But if you live in NJ you probably have one close by so it wouldn't be that big of deal to you guys.

Also if you like Steak N Shake I would say stop at Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers... It got pretty much the same style of burger as Steak N Shake but also has very good deserts for after you eat.

steviej

Original Poster
We like going to Friendly's... Probably the only chain I miss after moving out of New England... But if you live in NJ you probably have one close by so it wouldn't be that big of deal to you guys.

Also if you like Steak N Shake I would say stop at Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers... It got pretty much the same style of burger as Steak N Shake but also has very good deserts for after you eat.

Yeah, we have friendly's here.

Where is Freddy's?

daringstoic

Miller's Ale House right near property is my favorite. I spent a LOT of nights they're when I was a CP.

I'm also a fan of Sweet Tomatoes in the Crossroads shopping area. I know it's a chain, but we don't have them in Michigan and we used to eat there all the time when I was a PI. I spotted one near Chicago while on a business trip earlier this year and practically dragged my co-worker across the parking lot to have lunch there.

steviej

Original Poster
Miller's Ale House right near property is my favorite. I spent a LOT of nights they're when I was a CP.

I'm also a fan of Sweet Tomatoes in the Crossroads shopping area. I know it's a chain, but we don't have them in Michigan and we used to eat there all the time when I was a PI. I spotted one near Chicago while on a business trip earlier this year and practically dragged my co-worker across the parking lot to have lunch there.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the Ale House. I was ecstatic when they opened one in NJ a few years ago.

I don't bother with pizza down in WDW with the exception of Via Napoli.

I live in North NJ, about 25 minutes outside of NYC, I have the best of the best when it comes to pizza in my backyard lol.

Where were you a cp? I'm a spring advantage 07 and summer 09 alumni

daringstoic

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the Ale House. I was ecstatic when they opened one in NJ a few years ago.

I don't bother with pizza down in WDW with the exception of Via Napoli.

I live in North NJ, about 25 minutes outside of NYC, I have the best of the best when it comes to pizza in my backyard lol.

Where were you a cp? I'm a spring advantage 07 and summer 09 alumni

I was a CP in Spring '06 and did two PIs with Housing for all of 2011.

I just came back from a visit and one of my friends who still works there picked me up so we could go to Ale House for a glorious reunion with their nachos. I've probably consumed a hundred pounds worth of those and their cheese fries over the years.

steviej

Original Poster
I was a CP in Spring '06 and did two PIs with Housing for all of 2011.

I just came back from a visit and one of my friends who still works there picked me up so we could go to Ale House for a glorious reunion with their nachos. I've probably consumed a hundred pounds worth of those and their cheese fries over the years.

to me, the captain jack's dessert is where it's at!

Where'd you work? I was innoventions in 07, and in 09 I did merchandising in America in WS in epcot

thomas998

Yeah, we have friendly's here.

Where is Freddy's?
I think the closest one in Disney is near the Orlando Vineland Premium Outlet shops just off International Drive. Probably 2 or 3 miles north west of Disney Springs as the crow flies... You can probably pull up the outlet shops on a map and its within throwing distance of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom