Favorite Places to drink (responsibly!) in WDW

CommandoDisney

Original Poster
the next time im in WDW (this december) will be my first time in wdw since turning 21 and i was just wondering where people like to go to get a drink. like is there any place where they are cheaper (doubt it) or just has a cooler atmosphere? whats everyones favorites?

NTI2002

I've reccomended it over and over again on these boards. Go to Epcot and drink around the world! And don't forget to grab a pretzel when you're in Germany, and a Yard of Bass or Harp in the U.K.

meryll83

Rose & Crown.
You can have half a yard of ale in one of those cool tall glasses (which you can keep)
Or you can get like a taster set of about 6 mini-pints, all different like guiness etc.
And I had a gorrrrrrrrrgeous beef stew thing there. mmmmmmm!

meryll83

And of course all the cool place at Downtown Disney Pleasure Island, I liked the Comedy Warhouse. Don't think it was particularly cheap anywhere though.

Ooooh and I've just remembered having a yummy cocktail during the Osbourne Family Spectacale of Lights this November just gone. It was called a Winter Warmer and had a lemoney kinda taste, but it was blue. If anyone knows what was in that I would love to know so I can try making my own!!!

Eljay

CommandoDisney said:
the next time im in WDW (this december) will be my first time in wdw since turning 21 and i was just wondering where people like to go to get a drink. like is there any place where they are cheaper (doubt it) or just has a cooler atmosphere? whats everyones favorites?

Terrible shame you aren't going in October for the fantastic Food & Wine Fest at Epcot. Now, THAT'S drinking around the world!:cool:

Spicey477

I've reccomended it over and over again on these boards. Go to Epcot and drink around the world! And don't forget to grab a pretzel when you're in Germany, and a Yard of Bass or Harp in the U.K.

I second this, it is the best option!:)

I start in Mexico (your choice, Dos Equis or a Margarita) and head on from there, to end up in the Rose and Crown pub at the end of your "pub crawl".

You and your friends will have a blast!

tink81

I would offer this advice- STEER CLEAR OF THE CHINESE BEER!!:hurl:

That aside, hey, you're finally 21...where is it not cool to get served?

You can get Sam Adams at the America pavillion and I think they rotate the different seasonal brews, my favorite is the Winter Brew- gotta love those winter spices!!

CoffeeJedi

What do you like to drink, beer, wine, or mixed drinks?

The Boardwalk Resort has a brewpub where they brew their own beer. Its pretty decent "craft" beer (which is automatically miles ahead of mass-market). The Germany Pavillion used to serve Beck's Dark on draught, don't know if they still do or not, but that's one of my favs. Rose & Crown's been mentioned alot already.

If you're a wine drinker, you can't go wrong with France or Italy.

I love the Adventurer's Club for the story and theming. I could spend an entire night drinking there, forget the rest of PI. They have a few signature drinks that alot of people seem to love.

maggiegrace1

Drink around the world at Epcot.....FUN!!!!:sohappy:
Just dont ride mission Space afterward:hurl:

Also..I like to go to the Polynesian and geta drink and go sit on the hammocks on the beach and watch wishes....:)

blackerbys17

Well, I'm a wine drinker myself. I highly recommend the wine tasting in Germany. Just did it this weekend and it was a great way to start the night before viewing Illuminations, can't wait to do it again this weekend!

I also LOVE the sangria that you can get at the pizza place at the Boardwalk, delish! :slurp:

Eljay

MarciMellow said:
We loved the wine in France and there is a great champange in Italy!

Anyone know how much they are a bottle in the shops?

The wines are all different prices in the shops.
Hey, sorry to hijack the thread for one second, but I read another post where someone purchased a bottle of wine in the WS at Epcot and tried to carry it through security at the Studios. They were stopped and the wine was confiscated! I hope they were able to get it back later! :veryconfu
How stupid, right? What did they think, that they were going to whip out a corkscrew and drink it???????:rolleyes:

mhead

Eljay said:
Terrible shame you aren't going in October for the fantastic Food & Wine Fest at Epcot. Now, THAT'S drinking around the world!:cool:

Could not agree more! October has become on of our top two times to visit (second only to Star Wars Weekends because, well, I'm a dork) but my wife and I LOVE starting at one endof World Showcase and drinking and, as we call it, grazing our way around the world.

Boardwalk Joe's

I like to drink irresponsibly at:

Monorail Drink-a-thon which consists of:
The Outer Rim Lounge (Contemporary) - cool drinks
Tambu Lounge (Polynesian) - pina colada / back scratcher
Miezner's Lounge (GF) - gin & tonic 8)

Boardwalk Drink-a-thon
Belle Vue Room (Boardwalk Inn) - long islands
Big River Grille & Brewery (Boardwalk) - Wowzer's Wheat (great beer!)
Crew's Up (Yacht Club) - Sam Adams big mug! and they have great tasty treats
Martha's Vineyard (Beach Club) - wine flights, they're ok but its a good way to cap it off...
then back to the Boardwalk!

We've tried to do Epcot Around the World, but we usually end up skipping countries because we still have a drink in hand...

Jiko's and California Grill have great wine selections, if you're into that...

and umm I haven't been to the Dolphin or Swan bars but I hear they're good too. Have fun!

Timmay

Spicey477 said:
I second this, it is the best option!:)

I start in Mexico (your choice, Dos Equis or a Margarita) and head on from there, to end up in the Rose and Crown pub at the end of your "pub crawl".

You and your friends will have a blast!

Yep, they are right, although we usually start in the UK.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom