Favorite place to relax and read?

DisneyPrincess5

Considering the amount of money I spend to go on the energized and active vacation I chose, you will never catch me sitting reading a book at Disney. I may read a thing or two on my phone or from a magazine briefly by the pool. Otherwise if I’m relaxing, I’m eating and/or people watching to get just enough energy to go back at it. Reading a book on my Disney is just not my thing.

nicb88

If I’m lucky enough to be at a deluxe resort and even luckier to have a balcony with a view of gardens or water, then that is my preferred spot.

Otherwise, I love to find a chair or lounger on a resort beach and just lay out and relax and read. My favourite is either the Poly or GF, where you get faint sounds of the railroad in the distance. It’s wonderful.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
1FBC1A4D-CE3C-471D-B10A-F683CD63BD88.jpeg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I don't have the time to read a whole book on vacation, but I do like to pick up a morning newspaper while I'm having coffee and a muffin in the morning. The SWAN has some nice, quiet outdoor patios off the lobby areas, and they're very peaceful early in the morning--great place to read! :)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
My resort room. Yes, I bring a book because sometimes I want some down time....but not necessarily to nap.
Hey @LAKid53, off topic but I remember you talking in another thread about WL being down to only two sets of elevators, the one on the Copper Creek side being closed. It is open now.
24834739-BACD-47C3-BB4C-3FE97352FC2C.jpeg

Lobby elevators
72194C8F-3692-4579-9856-2266BCF1B286.jpeg

Elevators by Roaring Fork
4E314BDA-F753-4B63-8DA3-12F2461618F8.jpeg

WL finally back to three sets of elevators!

JIMINYCR

I always pack something to bring along with me just in case I have time to read, but never, ever get much reading done. I'll read a few minutes in the room while waiting for DW to get ready so we can head to the food court for breakfast and then again maybe a few minutes before we go to bed. But Ive never gotten more than a few pages read in the entire time we're at Disney. I'm not interested in a newspaper at all when on vacation and arent bored enough to read a book.

Skibum1970

If I’m lucky enough to be at a deluxe resort and even luckier to have a balcony with a view of gardens or water, then that is my preferred spot.

Otherwise, I love to find a chair or lounger on a resort beach and just lay out and relax and read. My favourite is either the Poly or GF, where you get faint sounds of the railroad in the distance. It’s wonderful.

Same with Wilderness Lodge. However, my reasons are that I love the sounds of the boat horns across the lake and the sound of the water lapping against the shore.

Minnie Mum

It's rare that I have either the time or inclination to read a book while at WDW. However, I do like to have some quiet "me time" to do my journalling, and my favorite spots are on a bench beside the lake or river at which ever mod resort we are staying at. It's always quiet, and the scenery can't be beat.

Now, on any other resort vacation, I'll happily spend all day with a book under a palapa on the beach with a tall fruity drink by my side. (6 weeks and counting).

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Hey @LAKid53, off topic but I remember you talking in another thread about WL being down to only two sets of elevators, the one on the Copper Creek side being closed. It is open now.
View attachment 250729

Lobby elevators
View attachment 250728

Elevators by Roaring Fork
View attachment 250730
WL finally back to three sets of elevators!

Yippee! I'm glad you remembered. We're staying in Copper Creek in a few weeks and I didn't want to drag our stuff all over the place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom