Favorite non-Disney animated films

IndianaJones

The Land Before Time- Just a beautiful movie and the poster child for movies that have been diminished by cheap sequels. You think Cinderella III was bad? There are XII numbered Land Before Time movies and more after they stopped numbering! I still remember getting these puppets from Pizza Hut. I had Spike. :) I almost got a little choked up just watching the teeny little clips of the movie in this commercial. There were definitely some scary/sad parts to it, so you felt like the characters really went through a lot and you felt relieved when they made it home.

Also: Anastasia and The Road to El Dorado

Tell me there's someone else out there who likes Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs!?! That's a good modern movie that's funny and quirky without being low-brow I thought. So easy to go low-brow/gross-out nowadays.

Edit: Oh geez and now I'm crying at 5:30 in the morning. I forgot just how emotional The Land Before Time was! It had the Bambi moment for my generation, except worse! Bambi didn't talk to his mom as she was d-y-i-n-g!

The puppets from Pizza Hut...wow. There's a blast from the past. My brother and I had Spike and Little Foot.

We adored The Land Before Time growing up and as far as I'm concerned it still holds up. Although it was a lot shorter then I remember it being when I watched it recently. My son was just born and as he gets older I havea list of movies that I plan to show him. This one is near the top.

We also enjoyed the Fievel movies, but watched Fievel Goes West more ten the original. I actually wouldn't mind watching both of them again because it's been so long.

As far as current films go, How to Train Your Dragon is one of my all time favorite films, not just animated. Really psyched for the sequel.

One that not.a lot of people liked that i really enjoyed was Rise of the Guardians. Fantastic animation with a really fun story.

Also the DC Comics animated stuff is really good. Some people still consider Mask of the Phantasm to be the best Batman film ever. And some of their current stuff was really good too. The Flashpoint Paradox, All Star Superman, The Dark Knight Returns. They were all good adaptations of the source material that translated to screen really well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom