Favorite Movie Based on a Video Game

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
Hit me with some of your video game movies. For me, some of the ones I can watch over and over are of course the Resident Evil series, the first Doom, Sonic and the original Mortal Kombat.

erasure fan1

Hit me with some of your video game movies. For me, some of the ones I can watch over and over are of course the Resident Evil series, the first Doom, Sonic and the original Mortal Kombat.
Mortal Kombat, although it doesn't hold up all that well, is one of those guilty pleasure films. We were just talking about it at dinner. My wife said, you should hook up the laser disc player so we can watch it. Lol

For me the best video game movies are Sonic and Prince of Persia. I was very happy that sonic was as good as it was. After whatever that sonic design was when it was first shown, I was sure it would be a dud. Prince of Persia is always on my most under rated Disney movies. I would have loved to see the other 2 stories play out on the big screen.

I'm really hoping the borderlands movie won't stink. But it seems like they are falling into the normal traps of why video game movies generally stink. I hope I'm wrong though.

mf1972

the recent tomb raider was ok, but the resident evil movies are a guilty pleasure. i know they might not be good or win an oscar…but i’m watching it anyway

TheDuke

The Alicia Vikander Tomb Raider was less bad than other video game movies I've seen. She put a lot of work in and got very jacked although the movie around her should have been better.

erasure fan1

Mass Effect…I wish.
Mass effect I still think has a chance. Although I think it has a better chance of finding its way as a streaming show rather than a film. But if Star wars continues to not know what it wants to do. Maybe someone will try to fill that void.

Dear Prudence

Not my fave for any legitimate reason, more for the LULz, but Alone in the Dark ripping off the Rainbow Brite movie is still up there for one of the biggest laughs I've ever had in public.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom