favorite merchandise they no longer sell

figgyfan

Original Poster
What is your favorite thing they used to sell that you wish you could still buy.I can think of a few things......
We used to get candy in Epcot and the Magic Kingdom. It came in little clear boxes and was shaped like fruit. Very good. I wish they still carried it.
I wish the still had the little bean bag characters with the plastic heads...a couple inches high.Very cute. I had Minnie and Pinnochio,and my brother had Donald and Mickey.
I also loved collecting the poster type park maps that had every imaginable Disney character on them. I have one hanging over my bed,but Iwish they still sold them.:(

starkey6

Even though they still have them at MGM, I wish they had more of the minnie strawberry bars with the wax coating. Not just the regular kind, but the ones with the wax, they are simply the best...besides the chocolate covered bananas!:animwink:

strobe

I love all of the merchandise with the old EPCOT logo. I have a mug, a coin, and a few other things. I think the stuff is awesome.

surfsupdon

Pirate coconut heads they used to have at Caribbean Beach and Pirates of the Caribbean. Carved coconuts shaped liek pirate heads with hair and adornments, so cool!!!!

mrtoad

Originally posted by surfsupdon
Pirate coconut heads they used to have at Caribbean Beach and Pirates of the Caribbean. Carved coconuts shaped liek pirate heads with hair and adornments, so cool!!!!

I agree. I had one that my parents bought for me when I was like 7 or 8. They bought it at the Polynesian. My pirates dagger was put in his mouth wrong and stuck out of his cheek. He had a small seashell as an eye and a patch over an empty socket for the other. I gave it to my little brother about 10 years ago.

When I got mine, my older sister got one that looked like a monkey and my little sister got one that looked like an American Indian. Hers was cool. It was the only one of the 3 that had no more of the "hair" left one it. It was shaved and polished smooth.

Aside from that, I would have to say all the other stuff that I gave away or lost from when I was a kid. Included are many hats. One was a real coonskin cap purchased at the Frontierland Trading Post. Also purchased there was a bulls horn fitted with a metal mouthpiece and had a rawhide strap. The only thing about that one was, it smelled bad.

I have to stop now, I will go on for hours.

mrtoad

Originally posted by strobe
I love all of the merchandise with the old EPCOT logo. I have a mug, a coin, and a few other things. I think the stuff is awesome.

I agree. and all the stuff with the old MK logo, the wireframe globe with Mickey Ears. I had bumper stickers, mugs, keyrings, etc. All gone.

I am going home to cry now. :cry:

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by figgyfan
What is your favorite thing they used to sell that you wish you could still buy.I can think of a few things......
We used to get candy in Epcot and the Magic Kingdom. It came in little clear boxes and was shaped like fruit. Very good. I wish they still carried it.

I remember these :slurp:

(I think they were called "Runts" and they came in a plastic case either just a box or in the shape of a character...(Goofy if I'm not mistaken))

meeko_33785

I miss the plastic figurines they use to sell as the Toy Shop in Germany. They were great cheep souvenirs and their selection included a lot of characters you wouldn't normally find elsewhere like Elliot the dragon and Robin Hood.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom