Favorite Horror Movies? (Official Horror Movie Thread)

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3362187/first-alien-abduction-story-captured-on-film/

Gotham/Principal, producers of the upcoming Maze Runner: Scorch Trials, has partnered with WGA award-winners Bryce Zabel and Jackie Zabel and their Stellar Productions to produce Captured, based on the first reported alien abduction that took place 54 years ago this week, reports TheWrap.

Captured tells the story of Betty and Barney Hill, an interracial couple from Portsmouth, New Hampshire who said they were captured by a UFO the night of Sept. 19, 1961. A black postal clerk and a white social worker, the Hills claimed that they had been studied by extraterrestrials and then returned to their lives with missing memories that were later retrieved under hypnosis.

This story was already touched upon in “American Horror Story: Asylum” in which aliens and Nazi scientists collided.

The script, to be written by veteran writer/producer Bryce Zabel, will be based on the 2007 non-fiction book “Captured! The Betty and Barney Hill UFO Experience: The True Story of the World’s First Documented Alien Abduction” by nuclear physicist Stanton Friedman and Betty Hill’s niece, Kathleen Marden. That book contains new information and personal details about the case, and the movie will place the events in a context of both Cold War paranoia and the country’s struggle over race relations.

Tony the Tigger

My very favorite - don't think it was listed yet - the first Poltergeist. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Don't love bloody stuff so much.

Loved Blair Witch (but only afterwards, when I scared myself thinking about it.)

Enjoy the Paranormal Activity series except the most recent. (The last one comes out soon.)

Does Jaws count?

catmom46

My very favorite - don't think it was listed yet - the first Poltergeist. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Don't love bloody stuff so much.

Loved Blair Witch (but only afterwards, when I scared myself thinking about it.)

Enjoy the Paranormal Activity series except the most recent. (The last one comes out soon.)

Does Jaws count?

Oh yeah, Poltergeist is definitely one of my faves, too. I guess I don't think of it as horror as much. And I love the reality angle of Blair Witch and Paranormal (I only watched the first 3 - how many are they up to now?), makes them very creepy.

Tony the Tigger

Oh yeah, Poltergeist is definitely one of my faves, too. I guess I don't think of it as horror as much. And I love the reality angle of Blair Witch and Paranormal (I only watched the first 3 - how many are they up to now?), makes them very creepy.

Fourth one was awful - a lot of foreign language with subtitles, completely different story from the rest. The last one should be good though.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3361491/drew-goddard-talks-cabin-woods-2/
The general consensus amongst horror fans is that Cabin in the Woods was a fantastically entertaining and wickedly smart horror film, one that embraced and satirized tropes and clichés. The combination of Joss Whedon (“Buffy the Vampire Slayer”) and Drew Goddard (“Alias”, “Angel”) resulted in a movie that is still talked about and obsessed over.

As anyone who has seen the film knows, the ending is rather epic and climactic, which means it’s either perfectly poised for a sequel or the final period has been typed. There’s no in-between when it comes to a movie like this. So, naturally, questions about a sequel are being raised and director Goddard has let slip a little bit about such a possibility.

Goddard tells Cinema Blend:

They want to make one. I think Joss… we talked about it. I think we just don’t want to, we don’t want to it up.

I mean, I think, I’ve always felt this way. Not everything needs to be a franchise. You know, like we only want to make it if we’re excited about it. I don’t care, I don’t think we need to do it. It’s more about, is there something that excites us? You know, that universe is pretty exciting, so we talk about it from time to time. I don’t know.

If I had to put odds, the tricky part with Joss and I, especially, is it all depends on how we wake up in the morning. If we wake up… I can easily see us over drinks tomorrow going like, ‘Hey, what if we did this?’ But I can also see us being like, ‘The movie is pretty good. We don’t need to revisit it.’

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3...pter-brings-back-dr-isaacs-and-albert-wesker/
Paul W.S. Anderson’s Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, which Sony Screen Gems has slated for release on January 27, 2017, has officially begun principal photography. Ali Larter returns as Claire Redfield in the new Resident Evil, while Milla Jovovich has always been attached as Alice.

With shooting taking place in South Africa, we’ve learned that Iain Glen will return as Dr. Isaacs (pictured below), with Shawn Roberts playing Albert Wesker (pictured above) once again. New additions also include Ruby Rose as Abigail, Eoin Macken (The Night Shift) as Doc, Cuban American actor William Levy as Christian, Fraser James (“Law & Order: UK”) as Michael, and Japanese model and TV personality, Rola, as Cobalt.

Oh, and we have an official synopsis!

Picking up immediately after the events in Resident Evil: Retribution, humanity is on its last legs after Alice is betrayed by Wesker in Washington D.C. As the only survivor of what was meant to be humanity’s final stand against the undead hordes, Alice must return to where the nightmare began – Raccoon City, where the Umbrella Corporation is gathering its forces for a final strike against the only remaining survivors of the apocalypse.

In a race against time Alice will join forces with old friends, and an unlikely ally, in an action packed battle with undead hordes and new mutant monsters. Between losing her superhuman abilities and Umbrella’s impending attack, this will be Alice’s most difficult adventure as she fights to save humanity, which is on the brink of oblivion.

The cast is also said to include Wentworth Miller as Chris Redfield, Bingbing Li as Ada Wong, Sienna Guillory as Jill Valentine, and Johann Urb as Leon Scott Kennedy. The final press release did not include these names, however they are rumored to have been cast.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
The PG rating definitely hurt the remake. I know not all horror has to be R to be good but my god at least make it somewhat terrifying.

catmom46

The PG rating definitely hurt the remake. I know not all horror has to be R to be good but my god at least make it somewhat terrifying.

That's how I know when it's not going to be very scary. PG-13 is usually a good indicator.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom