Favorite Horror Movies? (Official Horror Movie Thread)

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster

Officially confirmed at CinemaCon

mf1972

recently watched resident evil: welcome to raccoon city on starz. wasn’t expecting much, but it really wasn’t good at all. makes the jovovich films look like oscar winners.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
‘The Nun 2’ Set to Release in Theaters Next Halloween Season

‘Evil Dead Rise’ Getting a Theatrical Release in April 2023!

‘Hellraiser’ Reboot Brings Pain and Suffering to Hulu This October!

‘Halloween Ends’ Will Come to Peacock the Same Day It’s Released in Theaters, October 14th!

BuddyThomas

Pretty sure The Invitation is going to suck based on the late August dumping ground release date.

The Black Phone was one of the better summer horror films.

Barbarian looks good for September.

What about Bodies Bodies Bodies? I personally hated it but it has a cool twist.

And what about American Horror Stories on Hulu? I’m giving that about a 50/50 positive rate so far. Some of them work but others are totally ridiculous.

mf1972

caught the new hellraiser. it’s ok if u have some time on your hands. it’s a different take. i haven’t seen the original in years, but it’s probably better than the new version.

mf1972

with halloween around the corner, i watched some oldies but goodies. recently picked up the 4k versions or bram stoker’s dracula & the original fright night. really good job on the 4k upgrade. also grabbed army of darkness also on 4k.

BuddyThomas

This is clearly not a popular thread, but in case anyone is paying attention, I want to warn people that Terrifier 2 is basically the most brutal, disgusting, horrifying movie I have ever seen. And I’ve seen a lot of horror movies. I saw half of it through my hands placed over my eyes.
It is extremely well made, and runs almost two and a half hours. It has a demonic villain worse than ever seen in movie history. I never saw or heard of Terrifier 1 but was able to get right into this without any issues, aside from the fact that it is so brutal and disgusting that it is nearly unwatchable. It cost $240,000 to make and has made over 7 million to date, so apparently there will be a third installment.

mf1972

just saw a trailer for evil dead rises. had no idea a new movie was coming out. looks like a bloodbath for sure.

mf1972

finally got around to watching halloween ends. not expecting oscar winning material, but it was just terrible. it made some of those late 80’s early 90’s sequels look good, imo

DKampy

This is clearly not a popular thread, but in case anyone is paying attention, I want to warn people that Terrifier 2 is basically the most brutal, disgusting, horrifying movie I have ever seen. And I’ve seen a lot of horror movies. I saw half of it through my hands placed over my eyes.
It is extremely well made, and runs almost two and a half hours. It has a demonic villain worse than ever seen in movie history. I never saw or heard of Terrifier 1 but was able to get right into this without any issues, aside from the fact that it is so brutal and disgusting that it is nearly unwatchable. It cost $240,000 to make and has made over 7 million to date, so apparently there will be a third installment.

I am not going to criticize the movie as I am not a critical psychic like some people on other threads seam to be as I have not seen it yet. From what I heard it was disgusting for disgusting sake with little in there for narrative sake. I prefer my Horror movies of the creepy spooky original variety rather than just gory for no other reason but to gross people out so I figured it was not for me

With that said… I still applaud it’s success… as a movie watcher of all genres I would like to see more original content do well as movies would be boring if it was nothing but franchises… I have seen some great original horror this year though like Barbarian and The Black Phone

BuddyThomas

I am not going to criticize the movie as I am not a critical psychic like some people on other threads seam to be as I have not seen it yet. From what I heard it was disgusting for disgusting sake with little in there for narrative sake. I prefer my Horror movies of the creepy spooky original variety rather than just gory for no other reason but to gross people out so I figured it was not for me

With that said… I still applaud it’s success… as a movie watcher of all genres I would like to see more original content do well as movies would be boring if it was nothing but franchises… I have seen some great original horror this year though like Barbarian and The Black Phone
Yes this year was an amazing year for horror movies - Black Phone, Barbarian, X, Pearl, Smile, The Menu, Nope, Fresh, Bones & All, etc. And 2023 is apparently off to a great start. M3GAN is opening at 27 Million, with 94% positive on Rotten Tomatoes.

mf1972

i was curious about the menu after reading some reviews & hearing good buzz. just noticed it’s on hbo max. i’ll check it out as soon as i can.

mf1972

watched the menu last night. good movie. pretty twisted. i would describe it more of a dark comedy than a horror movie. good performances overall as well. 1 of the better movies i’ve seen this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom