Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Neither; I'd rather eat cardboard

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
With Easter in the rear view mirror and Halloween nearly 5 and a half months away....which holiday do you stock up on the most candy for?

HouCuseChickie

First off...I feel that there are really four candy holidays, beginning with Halloween. Halloween starts it off, then you get into all of the candies to fill Christmas stockings, then there's everything out for Valentine's Day, and you conclude with Easter and all of the goodies the bunny is supposed to bring.

While I think Christmas and Easter bring the best of the candies to the retail market (Cadbury eggs vs. Hershey's candy cane kisses), when it comes to the secular festivities associated with all of these, it's Halloween for me. Especially since Cadbury has started releasing Halloween versions of their traditional Easter candies.

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Best overall holiday? Halloween. Hands down.

Best holiday with specific candy? Easter. M&Ms peanut butter eggs and of course Reese’s eggs.

Katelynbird

Halloween for freaking sure. I can't go door to door anymore for candy, but I can still get dressed up every Halloween and go to a party where there is candy and much fun happening. Plus just seeing all those little kids dressed in those cute costumes is to die for. If you are lucky enough to be at WDW during the Halloween season the Mickey's Not So Scary Party is also great and the parade is so freaking the best.

*Cinderelly*

In the Parks
No
I do love both and both have totally different meaning to me. Growing up with a mom who is majorly Catholic Easter and the religious part of it was always very important. She also however made sure on Easter morning that I got an Easter Basket full of goodies. I also enjoyed getting dressed up in a nice little dress and hat on Easter Day.

Halloween is just plain fun. As a kid putting on my costume and going trick or treating was the highlight of the day. My favorite candy was the Snickers bar and still is today. As an older kid I still enjoy handing out the candy and eating the Snickers bars that we bought to hand out. :)

Disney Crazed

They are both great but I am gonna say Easter because with Halloween when I go Trick or Treating I don't know what sort of candy I am gonna get but with Easter the Easter Bunny(Mom) always magically gets my favorites in my basket. ;)

Letteyeti

I am the Energizer Bunny all the time so adding sugar to me just makes me 50x's more hyper. I am the girl you see skipping and dancing around WDW even if there is no music playing(trust me there is Disney music playing in my head). :) This is why I love both of these holidays. Candy & chocolate are two of the most wonderful inventions in the whole world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom