Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Deathly Hallows Part 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Deathly Hallows Part 2

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Disney Crazed

Original Poster
So I didn't see a thread for this so here goes. What is your favorite Harry Potter movie and why?

It is hard to go against Deathly Hallows Part 2 but I really like The Goblet of Fire. It kind of goes against all of the other Harry Potter movies and brings in the other two schools and they have this big tournament instead of the usual going to classes while some sort of Voldemort thing is happening.

belledream

This is tough... but I think Goblet of Fire is my favorite movie. It's the first one where the kids start to 'grow up' and I was around the same age at the time, relating to the excitement and drama. :p

All the books outdo the movies, as usual, but I really love the Half Blood Prince book. So much mystery and twists and turns.

Disney Crazed

Original Poster
This is tough... but I think Goblet of Fire is my favorite movie. It's the first one where the kids start to 'grow up' and I was around the same age at the time, relating to the excitement and drama. :p

All the books outdo the movies, as usual, but I really love the Half Blood Prince book. So much mystery and twists and turns.
I agree with you that the books are better than the movies.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I voted Goblet of Fire - so many great cast and character introductions in that one. But second choice would probably be Sorcerer's Stone for the brilliant original casting and setting up of the story and the world. Though I have a soft spot for Chamber of Secrets, too... so maybe that's second fave.

Tony Perkis

1. Prisoner of Azkaban
  2. Deathly Hallows Part 2
  3. Half-Blood Prince
  4. Goblet of Fire
  5. Order of the Phoenix
  6. Deathly Hallows Part 1
  7. Sorcerer’s Stone
  8. Chamber of Secrets

PiratesMansion

I think Azkaban through Half-Blood Prince is strongest run of the series. I think my favorite is Half-Blood Prince, followed by Azkaban (which is probably the objectively better movie). The last quarter or so of Goblet is unimpeachable, but it's not my favorite because everyone's having a bad hair day and everyone's characterization and acting choices are more pointedly *HYSTERICAL!!!* and exaggerated than the other movies, IMO, and I can only point to the direction because none of the other movies feel like that.

Chamber of Secrets was my favorite when I was younger but is almost unwatchable now. It feels like it goes on forever!

Tony Perkis

nothing against michael gambon, but i preferred richard harris as dumbledore. maybe because he played the character first.

I actually like Gambon much more. I think the grandfatherly portrayal in the first two films works, but the characters in the first two films would not suffice in the later ones, as he became a much more integral character within the plot.

Tony Perkis

I think Azkaban through Half-Blood Prince is strongest run of the series. I think my favorite is Half-Blood Prince, followed by Azkaban (which is probably the objectively better movie). The last quarter or so of Goblet is unimpeachable, but it's not my favorite because everyone's having a bad hair day and everyone's characterization and acting choices are more pointedly *HYSTERICAL!!!* and exaggerated than the other movies, IMO, and I can only point to the direction because none of the other movies feel like that.

Chamber of Secrets was my favorite when I was younger but is almost unwatchable now. It feels like it goes on forever!
I really didn’t like the book report films in the series (the first 2). They’re just lazy from a direction and screenwriting perspective.

Alfonso Cuaron saved this series.

PiratesMansion

nothing against michael gambon, but i preferred richard harris as dumbledore. maybe because he played the character first.

I think it took awhile for him to find his footing but in OOTP and especially HBP he was *dead on* and perfect as Dumbledore, such to the point that any comparison with Harris went away for me.

It's possible that Harris would have evolved the character and been believable as the Dumbledore of the later books had he been given the opportunity, but I can't picture it.

Tony Perkis

I think it took awhile for him to find his footing but in OOTP and especially HBP he was *dead on* and perfect as Dumbledore, such to the point that any comparison with Harris went away for me.

It's possible that Harris would have evolved the character and been believable as the Dumbledore of the later books had he been given the opportunity, but I can't picture it.
This is where I am: do I think Harris could pull off the end of Order of the Phoenix?

Based on the character in the first two films, absolutely not.

Red Wench

The books do outshine the movies, but I do have to say the movies did keep me entertained.
1. Deathly Hallows Part 2
2. Half Blood Prince
3. Goblet of Fire
4. Deathly Hallows Part 1
5. Order of the Phoenix
6. Sorcerer's Stone
7. Prisoner Of Azkaban
8. Chamber of Secrets

Letteyeti

I love the Half Blood Prince and I really think that is the movie where it really starts leading up to the end. It is where Dumbledore gets killed(Spoiler if anyone hasn't happened to see the films) and tells why Snape has to be killed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom