Favorite Guided Tours?

DisneyBliss

Original Poster
Hi All!

I'm new here and this is my first post! I was wondering which are your favorite guided tours that Disney has to offer? With your answer, please list the tours that you have already taken.

Thanks in advance!

Breindel

wdwwedding2004

DH just did his first ever tour at WDW last week and it was the Simply Segway Experience. HE LOVED IT! they even let my DD (9months in a stroller) and i watch in the same room! It was an hour long cost 30$ and even took them into the outdoor garden area of Epcot. My husband loved having all the other guests watching him! He got lucky and was part of a small tour only 2 other people!!

If you have any questions about this tour ask away!!

DisneyBliss

Original Poster
Favorite Guided Tours

Hi WDWWedding,

Thanks for replying so promptly! The segway is something like a scooter or bicycle to ride around with, right?

Best,

Breindel

wdwwedding2004

Hi DisneyBliss! yup the Segway is that little thing you see the Cast members on in the parks and resorts. It has two wheels and a pole with the handle bars! It was fun watching him and the others! I wish i could do it too! but being 7months pregnant left me out! haha..oh well there is always next time!

It is offered at 12:30 and 1:30pm at EPCOT

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I have enjoyed all the tours I've taken, and plan on eventually covering the ones I have not done yet. The biggest challenge with these is that they are totally dependent on the CM giving the tour. We had one bad experience in Epcot, that if that was our first tour, we wouldn't have been as anxious to do more.

My favorite is Keys to the Kingdom. It's the one I would do again and again. I would highly recommend it as the first tour to take, and the one if you could only do one.

We have also done:

Undiscovered Future World
Around the world Segway
Gardens of the World
Epcot Seas Aqua Tour

I would suggest doing a search for AkiraRaptor or contact directly as they have done most of the tours.

Also check out http://www.allearsnet.com/btp/tours.htm for other folks opinions.

Heres a trip report link you may be interested in: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?p=1305813#post1305813

DisneyBliss

Original Poster
Hi WDWWedding, and ClemsonTigger (I went to USC for a semester!),

WDWWedding, the Segway sounds like lots of fun!

Clemson, thanks for your suggestion and the info! I emailed AkiraRaptor, and I'm going to check out the trip report you linked as well!

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Ok...here's my list. (Thanks for the PM DisneyBliss - I would have never seen this thread).

Animal Kingdom:

Backstage Safari (twice)
Wild By Design
Wildlife Discovery Excursion

Epcot:

Around the World on a Segway (twice)
Behind the Seeds
Gardens of the World (twice)
Hidden Treasures
Undiscovered Future World

General:

BackStage Magic
Sunrise Safari (three times)
Sunset Safari

Wow, I did do alot of tour. By far I believe we liked the Sunset Safari and Segway tours the best.

Backstage Magic is very good, but a complete day is very exausting. And that was in a week we had a VIP tour at Universal, Sea World and Trainer for a Day at Discovery Cove. Plus a few of the other tours.

But for fun, its got to be the Segway tour. And for pure joy, Sunset Safari at AKL and Jiko. Mmmmm.... :slurp:

Ask any questions if ya' got them...

wdwwedding2004

WOW! you sure have done a lot of tours!
What is the sunset safari?
How much is it?
How far in advance can you book?
Is there an age requirement?
Thanks a bunch!!

DisneyBliss

Original Poster
Favorite Guided Tours

Hi AkiraRaptor!

Thanks for getting back to us so soon with so much info! Now, just to be sure, is that the sunSET Safari was your favorite? I only ask because I see that you went on the sunRISE 3 times and the sunSET once.

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Well, let me elaborate on why. We only stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge. And for the last 4 years we've only stayed in the conceige deluxe rooms.

When you stay conceige at AKL, you then have access to the two exclusive AKL conceige only tours, Surise and Sunset. You also now have access to the new Wildlife Discovery Excursion, but it also available to all conceige guests at all the Disney resorts.

Anyways, the Sunrise is only $40, and along with the ride and viewing of the animals at AK, you get one huge buffet breakfast that is very very good. So it's kinda worth it to do this one.

So we did it twice, and then my wifes sister and husband vacationed with us, and wanted to do it as well, so that made three. And the Sunset was new as of last year, or we'd have done that one too when her sister was with us. We only skipped it this year because we had dinner at Jiko with some local FL friends this year, so we didn't want to do Jiko twice. It's nice, but we like doing other places too. :slurp:

Ok, now for Sunset. Sunset is a tour of the three AKL savannas. This is a small group, no more than 8 and you must be 16 or over. It costs $150 a person. You spend about 1 1/2 hours out riding around in a van that the roof lifts up, so you stand up and take picture and see and unabstructed view.

You even get out at one point, but not in the animals enclosures.

Then you go to Jiko, and have a feast with the whole tour group. And let me tell you, you'll get alot of food, and the everything is paired with wine. Both my wife and I were a bit tippsy at the end of that meal.

It's worth it. I've close the $100 a person on a good meal before, so the additional $50 for the tour is worth it. And it will be a great experiance just to do at least once. We got some of the most amazing photos of animals on that tour. Much close than anything that you can get on any of the AK rides, walks or tours.

As for reservations, I think they are 60 days, but as soon as you make your AKL conceige reservations, contact the conceige itiniary services and tell them if you want one of those tours. If it's to early, they will record the request, and reserve it on the day that needs to be. It's not like calling the normal Disney reservations number, reservations are done by the resort for the two Safaris. The other is done by the normal tour, but itinary services can do that for you too.

Hope that sheads some light on these tours for ya!

DisneyBliss

Original Poster
Favorite Guided Tours

Yes, thanks so much, AkiraRaptor! This is so great! So, I understand about the Sunrise and Sunset packages now. Animal Kingdom may be the way to go. And the Keys to the Kingdom that ClemsonTigger mentioned sounds like a half-day version of the Backstage Magic Tour, which is also of interest to me.

By the way, did you get to touch any of the animals? I remember reading on allears that on one of the tours someone got to pet a baby elephant!

crazycalf

Wyaniam (sp) Safari, Sunset safari. For AKL concierge.
It is a tour in a safari jeep around the hotel savanahs.
It also include dinner at Jiko with wine pairings.

I've also been on the Sunrise Safari at AK for AKL concierge guests and Mickey's Magical Milestones in MK.

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
DisneyBliss said:
By the way, did you get to touch any of the animals? I remember reading on allears that on one of the tours someone got to pet a baby elephant!

Disney is a bit funny on touching the animals. If you attempt it without them telling you to go ahead first, they can and sometimes will kick you out. But, yes, there are times when they let you touch. But not on these Safari rides, at least not for us. Disney is just not big on direct animal interactions.

On the Backstage Safari tours I've touched and feed a Giraffe, and touched one of the lizzards they had. Thats about it.

I've had way more interaction at Sea World, Discovery Cove and Busche Gardens.

DisneyBliss

Original Poster
Favorite Guided Tours

I see. Well, again, thanks, AkiraRaptor! You've given me a lot to think about!

CrazyCalf, is Wyaniam part of the name of the Sunset tour or are they two separate tours? And what did you think of the Magic Milestones tour?

wdwwedding2004

oh these look fun! i guess we will have to wait until the kids are older though....sigh! haha..i do love to live vicariously throughout these reviews!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom