Favorite food no longer sold

ratherbeinwdw

Wow I had the shepherds pie a few months ago. Definitely looks like they've reworked the menu a bit. The caprese sandwich sounds good, but the shepherds pie was a truly unique veggie option. Sad to see it go...
It was bad enough they got rid of the shepherd's pie, but they also got rid of the veggie burger at the same time. We had checked the menu the week before we arrived, and those two were still on there. The cm told us it had just changed. Before we even went in, the cm was trying to convince us it was a really good change. Since I can't eat cheese, the sandwich was not an option. The chef came to our table, and the first words from him were about how much better the new menu was. Well, not if you go from having two choices to none on the menu. I was very nice, but I told him that we were very disappointed at the changes. I had to end up eating tasteless pasta. So, Sci Fi went from our most looked forward to reservation to a place we no longer go.
They also changed the veggie burger at Beaches and Cream that week. The old one was good. The new one tastes like something from the freezer section at the grocery store.

disneygeek90

It was bad enough they got rid of the shepherd's pie, but they also got rid of the veggie burger at the same time. We had checked the menu the week before we arrived, and those two were still on there. The cm told us it had just changed. Before we even went in, the cm was trying to convince us it was a really good change. Since I can't eat cheese, the sandwich was not an option. The chef came to our table, and the first words from him were about how much better the new menu was. Well, not if you go from having two choices to none on the menu. I was very nice, but I told him that we were very disappointed at the changes. I had to end up eating tasteless pasta. So, Sci Fi went from our most looked forward to reservation to a place we no longer go.
They also changed the veggie burger at Beaches and Cream that week. The old one was good. The new one tastes like something from the freezer section at the grocery store.
That's a total shame. I had the pie so many times and it was great and quite filling. :(

Sloan

Oak grilled filet mignon with 4 cheese mac-and-cheese at Jiko - I almost always order something more 'adventurous' there, but when my former wife & I went there all the time, she always got it, and could never finish it, so I had it a lot - so good. I heard rumor that it came back mid-year this year, but not the same 4 cheese mac-and-cheese ...

Howdy

Lurker extraordinaire
Premium Member
On the first morning of our honeymoon in 2010 I grabbed a blueberry muffin from the Main Street Bakery. It was massive with thick granulated sugar baked into the to and full of large blueberries. I probably ate 5-10 of them on the 8 day trip because they were amazing. Returned in 2012 and they were gone :(

bhg469

Pork shank at gastons. It put the turkey leg to shame. They weren't even in the same league. That pork shank was incredible and removing it was a huge mistake.

freesvoice

Pork shank at gastons. It put the turkey leg to shame. They weren't even in the same league. That pork shank was incredible and removing it was a huge mistake.
Bummed they removed this before our visit. Their menu selection is pretty poor considering it's such a cool spot. Had the chocolate croissant which is normally once of my favorite foods on earth and it was awful :-/

bhg469

Bummed they removed this before our visit. Their menu selection is pretty poor considering it's such a cool spot. Had the chocolate croissant which is normally once of my favorite foods on earth and it was awful :-/
It is pitiful! That location is so unique and to me it is almost as cool as be our guest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom