Favorite EPCOT restaurant for 10th Birthday dinner?

iubigman

Original Poster
My big guy turns 10 during our trip in November (seems like yesterday he was being schlepped around Disneyland in his carrier!), and we'll likely be at EPCOT that evening.

Garden Grill? Biergarten? Rose and Crown?

Happy to hear everyone's opinions.

zurgandfriend

My DS always wanted his birthdays at the California Grill at the Contemporary the view and the fireworks was the key. In EPCOT, he was “impressed” by the belly dancer at Restaurant Marrakesh. At that age, he was also always up for a bowl of pasta so Tutto Italia might be a possibility. If he has never been to a teppanyaki restaurant, the Japan pavilion might also be an option. The Garden Grill is very good or if he is into nicer restaurants walk out the back gate and go to the Yachtsman.

Last edited:

belledream

Biergarten would be tons of fun for the big double-digit celebration! Lively atmosphere and relaxed pacing of the buffet sounds like a good evening. The only thing is if you're a party of say, 4, you will very likely be sharing a table with another party, if that matters to you.

slappy magoo

Shoot for a later reservation at Rose and Crown, see if you can snag an outside table so you're seated and relaxed for the fireworks. Even if they seat you inside, you can go out to their patio when the show starts, even if you eat earlier, they'll let you back in when you show your receipt.

NiarrNDisney

Since its his birthday you should let him pick! Let him see the menus of your top picks and get a good description of each place so he can choose.

Now between the ones you listed I would pick Biergarten since the atmosphere is fun and its a buffet which has a variety for anyone's tastes. Takes me back to Germany everytime we go!

winstongator

Since its his birthday you should let him pick! Let him see the menus of your top picks and get a good description of each place so he can choose.

Now between the ones you listed I would pick Biergarten since the atmosphere is fun and its a buffet which has a variety for anyone's tastes. Takes me back to Germany everytime we go!
I'd agree with this, to give him the choice. I did my 40th birthday meal at Via Napoli. I haven't done Tappan Edo, but sometimes kids like hibachi. The choice can feel like a present too. You could let him navigate MDE to see the different restaurants. At 10, I might have picked the ESPN club at the Boardwalk.

Should add Tutto Gusto to the mix, but I haven't eaten there. Heard that wasn't the best for kids.

Last edited:

aw14

We did my 40th at yachtsman. For a more enjoyable kid friendly meal the characters at garden grill would be good.

Biergarten has an awesome atmosphere, but it is very palate specific.

Epcotfan21

I throw in one that hasn't been mentioned yet and kids always seem to enjoy...Teppan Edo. The chefs are highly entertaining and the food is better than most hibachi style restaurants I've been to.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Biergarten recognizes (or they used to, anyway) birthdays during the musical portion of the show, so that might be cool for a 10 YO.

Amos1784

I agree with this as well! I remember being about that age when I started to help "plan" Disney trips with my dad. I used to love looking through (at that time the planning books) menu's and restaurant themes to help pick out where we were going to eat! I would just let him get online and browse menu's and look at pictures and pick it out what sounds good to him.

drwadadli

For a 10 yo in Epcot, I would have to pick the Biergarten Restaurant. He gets endless supply of food, can join the other kids and families with dancing to the Oompah band, and the band will even recognize him as having a birthday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom