Favorite Disney World Secrets

yensidtlaw1969

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favorite Disney World Secrets

Originally posted by Enderikari
Sorry y'all, little off-topic here, but, it takes you 11 hours to drive from B'ham? I live in B'ham too, and it only takes me 8. And I am no speed demon.:):Advanced Internship at Walt Disney World begins in T-minus 10 days::)

Anyway, my favorite semi-secret in Disney World is the reason why one of the dwarves isn't represented in a parking lot in the Magic Kingdom
Which dwarf and why?

webmomom

When they were building Epcot they had to change the plans for where the parking lot was going to be. It seems there was an OWl that lived in the trees that was endangered. After checking with the authorties on this, instead of trying to replace him or her to another home, they moved where the parking to where it is now.

The Statue in Mk "Partners" the one in front of the castle, the ring on Walt's hand is a head of MIckey.

If you look on the ground around Alladian you will see jewels on the cement. Over by ariel there are sea shells in the ground. The best place to look at the ground is over in the Ak. There are footprints, leaves, etc.

In Epcot you can take a 20 minute tour FREE at Morocco of the pavillion. They give it themselves.

This one I love. Just before Illumnations be quiet and you can hear the Flames being blown out.

figmentfan

One of my favorite Disney secrets is about the Contemporary Resort.

The rooms on the A-Frame Tower of the resorts are replaceable. Disney built the tower structure first, and then assembled the rooms on the ground. Then they used a crane to slide the rooms into place in the A-Frame Tower. They did this, so if they wanted to refurbish the rooms, they just slide them out.

The rooms are not replaceable anymore, since the foundation settled. The rooms are there to stay.

figmentfan

Another Disney secret: FREE PICTURE on Splash Mountain.

If you are the first rider(s)of the day on Splash Mountain, you get a free picture, and preferred seating on Thunder Mountain without waiting.

December 2003, I was by myself, and I rode Splash Mountain. I was the first one and had a log to myself. That was a great time! When I got off, a CM was waiting for me to give a Magical Moments Certificate and a free picture. Then He walked me over to Thunder Mountain, where I didn't wait and was allowed to sit in the back. COOL!

webmomom

After reading figment fan post, I rememebered this. On the Swan and Dolphin hotels you will see a large black areas. Orginally this was for the monorail. The orginal plan was those areas would be pushed out and the monorail would go through there. This was the agreement with the orginal host of the hotels. Now with all of the new owners over the years and the hotel settling, there is no way it will ever be done now.

captainbuzzy

Originally posted by webmomom
After reading figment fan post, I rememebered this. On the Swan and Dolphin hotels you will see a large black areas. Orginally this was for the monorail. The orginal plan was those areas would be pushed out and the monorail would go through there. This was the agreement with the orginal host of the hotels. Now with all of the new owners over the years and the hotel settling, there is no way it will ever be done now.

Can anyone confirm this? I have wondered why these areas were painted black. I always thought that they were either break up the design and add visual interest or to highlight an area of the building ie. suites. It is very doubtful that the monorail would pass through this area especially at a height of some 9 stories from ground level. Anyone else have any insights?

webmomom

I have been told this by three totally different sources. One was a boat captain that runs between mgm and Boardwalk. and the other two were from tour guides on tours that we have taken.

captainbuzzy

I sent an email to the folks at Michael Graves firm (the design firm for Swan and Dolphin) a note asking them to clarify the reason why the black areas are there. With any luck they will respond and we will have an official answer.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Urban myth

Originally posted by webmomom
I have been told this by three totally different sources. One was a boat captain that runs between mgm and Boardwalk. and the other two were from tour guides on tours that we have taken.

Again, urban myth. You can even find "drawings" of this plan carried out, making it seem real. Cast members are not immune to hearing what seems to be an interesting bit of trivia and pass it on immediately. Do a search on this site and you can find some older threads with details.

ButtClown44

I dunno if anyone mentioned this, but the Swan is really suppose to be the Dolphin and the DOlphin is really suppose to be the swan. They messed up in construction in putting one of the 7 story tall statues on the roof and juts left it and renamed them. If you notice, one has clam shells and swans and the other lillies and dolphins. Also at the Main entrance of the hotels there are clamshells and lillies the lobbies that have never bneen changed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom