Favorite Disney World Secrets

shakes20

Original Poster
Hello from a frequent lurker, seldom poster...

I really enjoyed the favorite attraction thread, so I thought I'd start a favorite secret thread... I'd just love to hear what everyone's favorite hidden detail is, hidden mickey's or otherwise.

I'll start:

My favorite secret is in Tower of Terror. When you enter the lobby, you see a directory, listing names and room numbers, inside of a glass display case. Having been closed up for so long, many of the letters have fallen down. Nice touch, the kind of detail that makes Disney so much fun. But, if you walk up to the case and look inside at the bottom lip, you see that the letters that have fallen actually spell something! COOL! I have no idea how many people notice this detail since it is so hidden, but I love it!

Hope to read what all of you have found!

shakes20

Tom

Beta Return
Originally posted by shakes20
Hello from a frequent lurker, seldom poster...

I really enjoyed the favorite attraction thread, so I thought I'd start a favorite secret thread... I'd just love to hear what everyone's favorite hidden detail is, hidden mickey's or otherwise.

I'll start:

My favorite secret is in Tower of Terror. When you enter the lobby, you see a directory, listing names and room numbers, inside of a glass display case. Having been closed up for so long, many of the letters have fallen down. Nice touch, the kind of detail that makes Disney so much fun. But, if you walk up to the case and look inside at the bottom lip, you see that the letters that have fallen actually spell something! COOL! I have no idea how many people notice this detail since it is so hidden, but I love it!

Hope to read what all of you have found!

shakes20

First of all, Welcome to the Boards! Whew, I finally get to welcome someone :sohappy:

As far as your post, you really should have posted it in the SECRETS forum, which you would have seen if you had scrolled down a bit further on the main list of Forums. I'm sure a Moderator will move it there soon anyhow! :)

Good idea for a thread tho - and I bet that If you go browse the archives under SECRETS you'll find all you want regarding secrets.

Yours is good: EVIL TOWER UR DOOMED, or something like that :D

I like the hidden Mickeys, like the one that the grim reaper is holding in the HM, the unofficial one on the dining table in the HM and the Mickey laying on his back in the clouds in Splash.

*Note: this will be my last post in here before we hop in the car and drive to WDW from Indiana in exactly 2 hours and 45 minutes!!!!

tigger248

I know of so many that it'll be fun to see what everyone else says to see what I can learn new.

Probably one of my favorites is also in Tower of Terror. On the wall there's a plaque with the AAA 5 star diamond rating.

I also like in Splash (my ride :lol: ) where the frogs are fishing and they're bobbers are in the shape of mickey's head

Or the purple flowers by the African elephant that are hidden mickeys on Its a Small World

One that I always look for but haven't found is the donald duck hieroglyphics (sorry, the spelling is probably wrong) on spaceship earth. We heard they were there but have never actually seen them. I would love to be stopped on the ride in front of the pyramid sometime so I can look. :lookaroun

Merlin

Account Suspended
Originally posted by tigger248
One that I always look for but haven't found is the donald duck hieroglyphics (sorry, the spelling is probably wrong) on spaceship earth. We heard they were there but have never actually seen them.:lookaroun

Well, that's because you're actually looking for it on the wrong attraction. :D The Donald and Mickey hieroglyphic is actually in the Great Movie Ride. It's in the Well of Souls scene for Raiders of the Lost Ark. As the tram is leaving that scene, look to the left. The hieroglyphic is along the wall and it's kind of in a shadow, so it's not easy to spot. It will be there toward the end of the wall just seconds before the tram leaves that scene, so look fast!

My favorite one is the hidden Mickey in the Body Wars mural at Wonders of Life. In fact I have a photo of it in my photo gallery on this site.

webmomom

When you are at Epcot World Showcase and you walk up the steps to Canada. Do you know how many of the three totem poles are real??

one of them is. The are two on your right and one on your left. The one on your left is a 700 pound cedar totem pole.

Dr.Seeker

Re: Re: Favorite Disney World Secrets

Originally posted by edwardtc

*Note: this will be my last post in here before we hop in the car and drive to WDW from Indiana in exactly 2 hours and 45 minutes!!!!

2 hours 45 minutes!!! If I want to go it'll take like 15 hours! Including a prolonged car journey in two continents and an international flight!

So count yourself lucky!

Anyway my favourite detail is in one of the lifts at ToT. It has a safety check plaque saying 'last inspection 1936' that sort of detail really is the Disney Difference

pinkrose

Re: Re: Re: Favorite Disney World Secrets

Originally posted by Dr.Seeker
2 hours 45 minutes!!! If I want to go it'll take like 15 hours! Including a prolonged car journey in two continents and an international flight!

So count yourself lucky!

I believe he meant he'll be leaving home in 2 hrs 45 mins. lol It's a pretty long drive from Indiana. It's an 11 hr drive for us from Birminham, Alabama. :)

General Grizz

Favorite secret, eh? Oh wow. That's hard.

I'll give you one off the top of my head for now. . . to sit on Cindy's horse in the Carousel, find the one with the ribbon on its tail. :wave:

Originally posted by General Grizz
Favorite secret, eh? Oh wow. That's hard.

I'll give you one off the top of my head for now. . . to sit on Cindy's horse in the Carousel, find the one with the ribbon on its tail. :wave:

I accept the challenge!

Yen_Sid1

Originally posted by Merlin
Well, that's because you're actually looking for it on the wrong attraction. :D The Donald and Mickey hieroglyphic is actually in the Great Movie Ride. It's in the Well of Souls scene for Raiders of the Lost Ark. As the tram is leaving that scene, look to the left. The hieroglyphic is along the wall and it's kind of in a shadow, so it's not easy to spot. It will be there toward the end of the wall just seconds before the tram leaves that scene, so look fast!

Also there is a salute to George Lucas in the same scene at GMR.
Look for the hidden Ewok dolls on the shelf.

tigger248

Originally posted by Merlin

My favorite one is the hidden Mickey in the Body Wars mural at Wonders of Life. In fact I have a photo of it in my photo gallery on this site.

Thanks :sohappy: That should help a lot (hopefully I'll remember it in 45 days when I go :lol: ) My mom had heard about it and for years we've been looking with no idea that we had the wrong attraction. :hammer:

All4Gemini

One I've noticed is on PoTC, right as you enter the last big room with the fire and all the pirates are singing "Yo Ho", you can hear a voice that sounds exactly like Mickey's singing about the point where you pass those first three guys on the left beside the donkey. I believe you can hear the voice on the Yo Ho track on the Official Album as well.

ButtClown44

Not a major secret, but a friend of mine from Splash told me to sit in the middle of the 2nd row in COP becuase that way the dog seems to be looking at you during the ride. Also, As you enter the unload room on COP, listen to the song carefully and you can hear the male singer hold his note much higher and longer than he should have. Its quite hilarious.

diddy_mouse

i like the fact that inside the cave on the lazy river at Blizzard Beach the "melting" water really is ice cold :eek:

i had no idea and just thought people were screaming to be stupid but man when that water hit, brr! :lol:

LouDisney

Re: Re: Re: Re: Favorite Disney World Secrets

Originally posted by pinkrose
I believe he meant he'll be leaving home in 2 hrs 45 mins. lol It's a pretty long drive from Indiana. It's an 11 hr drive for us from Birminham, Alabama. :)

I too am a sometimes poster and lurker. Wow, it takes you 11 hours! I am from B'ham, just got back from WDW 2 weeks ago and it took me 8 1/2 hours and that was just driving at the max 85. The longest it has ever taken me was 9 1/2.

Anyway, Love this thread. This is awesome.

Enderikari

Re: Re: Re: Re: Favorite Disney World Secrets

Originally posted by pinkrose

Sorry y'all, little off-topic here, but, it takes you 11 hours to drive from B'ham? I live in B'ham too, and it only takes me 8. And I am no speed demon.:):Advanced Internship at Walt Disney World begins in T-minus 10 days::)

Anyway, my favorite semi-secret in Disney World is the reason why one of the dwarves isn't represented in a parking lot in the Magic Kingdom

webmomom

since it is Sunday Morning and I have not to much to do I thought I would add a couple more;

President Clinton is the only president to wear a Micky Mouse tie in the Hall of Presidents.

Mosaic mural in the fourth floor lobby of Disneys contemporary resort was created in 1971 with 1,800 one-square tiles and took 18 months to construct. Look closely; There is a five-legged goat on the mural.

The musical staff notes across the registration desk at Disney Port Orleans Resort French Quarter spell out the first verse of When the Staints go Marching in.

Outside of the Muppet Vision 3-D on the walls outside have graffitti all over them. Stop and read some they really neat.

Some of the big points in the Buzz are found leaving the first room. Turn around and shoot back of the Orange robots arm or the back of the buzz saw. 100,000 points.

13 lanterns hangoing in the Liberty square tree representing the orginal 13 colonies.

At The Honey i shrunk the Kids play area at MGM, climb the stairs between the garden hose and the slide coming out of a roll of film. there is a dog nose. Put your hand in the nostrils. the dog sniffs you.:sohappy: :sohappy:

pinkrose

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favorite Disney World Secrets

Originally posted by LouDisney
I too am a sometimes poster and lurker. Wow, it takes you 11 hours! I am from B'ham, just got back from WDW 2 weeks ago and it took me 8 1/2 hours and that was just driving at the max 85. The longest it has ever taken me was 9 1/2.

Anyway, Love this thread. This is awesome.

Alone, it takes me less time. With the kids, we make stops, that's why it takes longer. Which way to you go? We go down through Dothan. (Just got back Thursday from WDW).

pinkrose

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favorite Disney World Secrets

Originally posted by Enderikari
Sorry y'all, little off-topic here, but, it takes you 11 hours to drive from B'ham? I live in B'ham too, and it only takes me 8. And I am no speed demon.:):Advanced Internship at Walt Disney World begins in T-minus 10 days::)

Anyway, my favorite semi-secret in Disney World is the reason why one of the dwarves isn't represented in a parking lot in the Magic Kingdom

Yes, it took us 11 hrs to drive down (maybe 10 1/2). I have 2 children and we make stops. They don't eat or drink in the car (new car). As I said in the post above, when I go alone to WDW, it takes much less time. Not 8 hrs, more like 9 1/2. I go down through Dothan. It's not all interstate. That makes for slower -through town, speed limits at places.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom