Favorite Disney World Attraction Songs?

padlock

Original Poster
I was just thinking about how great music really elevates a good attraction. What are some of your favorite songs written specifically for Disney World (or Disneyland) attractions. Here are my top 10:

10. Grim grinning ghosts
9. Universe of energy
8. Yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me
7. Making Memories
6. Golden Dreams
5. Horizons
4. Now is the time
3. Canada (You're a lifetime journey)
2. One little spark
1. Tomorrow's child

Weather_Lady

Grim Grinning Ghosts, Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah, It's A Small World After All, the entire original Country Bear Jamboree show, the Main St. Electrical Parade music, One Little Spark, and Great, Big Beautiful Tomorrow are all part of the soundtrack of my soul.

padlock

Original Poster
Grim Grinning Ghosts, Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah, It's A Small World After All, the entire original Country Bear Jamboree show, the Main St. Electrical Parade music, One Little Spark, and Great, Big Beautiful Tomorrow are all part of the soundtrack of my soul.

I didn't include Zip-a-dee-doo-dah because it wasn't written explicitly for an attraction (an admittedly arbitrary distinction).

I forgot about the MSEP music, definitely very memorable. I'm not a big fan of 'Big Beautiful Tomorrow', but that might be because my earliest memories of Carousel of Progress where with 'Now is the time', and I was saddened when they switched it out (I know BBT is the original song from Disneyland).

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'm just gonna throw this out there again.. As much as I hated SGE, I LOOOVED the attraction's theme song! I wish they would take it over and use it in the queue for Buzz. Replace the awful military drums with this, it seems more fitting.

Heppenheimer

In no particular order:

Now is the Time (Prefer this to There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow)

Grim Grinning Ghosts (particularly the organ variations and the Phantom Manor Suite)

Baroque Hoedown (aka MSEP)

Tiki Room

Universe of Energy (not Energy You Make the World Go Round)

The original Epcot entrance music

One Little Spark

Canada (I like the second version best)

Go With the Flow (from the Nemo musical)

Spectromagic

Soarin'

Veggie Fruit Fruit

Maybe this doesn't count, because most of the music was pre-existing, but I absolutely love the suite of French classical music they assembled for Impressions du France.

Finally, although the overall song can be a bit cloying, I need to actively suppress the desire to dance when I hear the hot jazz variation of Its a Small World. You can barely hear it on the ride (very briefly in the transition between two rooms), but the entire segment is on the park CD.

Last edited:

Hank Hill

I find myself singing many of these songs all the time. A great big beautiful tomorrow seems to be the one that comes up the most. Surprising considering how pessimistic I am.

Goofyernmost

I didn't include Zip-a-dee-doo-dah because it wasn't written explicitly for an attraction (an admittedly arbitrary distinction).

I forgot about the MSEP music, definitely very memorable. I'm not a big fan of 'Big Beautiful Tomorrow', but that might be because my earliest memories of Carousel of Progress where with 'Now is the time', and I was saddened when they switched it out (I know BBT is the original song from Disneyland).
A lot of us are in the same situation. Many, that went to the 64 Worlds Fair in NY, first were exposed to Big Beautiful. I was originally exposed to Now is the Best Time, which has stuck with me for years. Still my favorite and when it is playing on the music loop in MK, I always stop and listen to it. Many good memories attached to that song for me. Baroque Hoedown, is second.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom