Favorite Disney smells and hidden spots

v_misses_epcot

Original Poster
FamilyMan said:
Why don't you just burn your house down and see what it smells like? LOL
LOL *smacks him for being a SA!!!*

Hmmm you know what other smell I like now that I think about it, the smell of plastic.

webmomom

v_misses_epcot said:
I'm sure this topic has been covered before but I'm too lazy to go find out in the post. Plus us new people haven't had the chance to cover this topic so maybe the new people can tell me thier answers.

You all can shoot me later for being redundant and whatnot.

Anyhow...my favorite smell is the scene from SpaceShip Earth when the fall of rome happens. It's the same smell from the kali river rapids fog and fire sections. I also love the smell of those turkey legs. Don't forget the funnel cakes.

As for "hidden or not so hidden spots" I love to hide and sit down in the boardwalk cafe/cafeteria. I don't know, I just love that area. I also love the backstage area to the yacht and beach club plus there's this small grassy area in back of the beach club villas that I love to sit at where noone bothers me. No benches but a nice hard rock.

As for the parks, In animal kingdom, I love the quiet path that is in the entrance to asia, it leads to the back where the smoking area is but a bit further down. In magic kingdom, I love the areas around the castle and the area where snowhite sometimes in back of the christmas store.

At epcot, I love hiding away in the japanese gardens since hardly anyone goes around to the back there and where the land is, I love the benches there. That's it for now I think.

Where oh where is the Boardwalk cafe/cafeteria. this is the second time I have seen this mentioned. We always stay at the BWV and for the life of me I can't figure out what they are talking about.

v_misses_epcot

Original Poster
webmomom said:
Where oh where is the Boardwalk cafe/cafeteria. this is the second time I have seen this mentioned. We always stay at the BWV and for the life of me I can't figure out what they are talking about.
#_# First of all, you have to be a CM to be there, that's why it's one of my favorite hidden spots speaking as a CM. It's on the backstage entrance to the boardwalk resort. So yeah, tourist can't see it. You pass housekeeping, then turn to the right and that's the small but nice cafeteria, I'm talking about.

Speaking of cafeterias, What's the name of the yacht and beach club resort cafeteria fellow cm's? It starts with a J right? I hate it because I can't remember!! :cry: Anyhow, I miss thier breakfast.

v_misses_epcot

Original Poster
Awwwww, I got a grey reputation block for this thread. Someone out there doesn't like me very much because I speak my own mind on other threads. :p Come on out, who is it? who is it?!!! Who hates me? :cry:

I think noone should get mad at me or give me a grey reputation point because I started up a dead thread. I'm new here so how are old threads bad to us new people? Maybe for the people who have been here before right? How about us new people, we haven't seen the thread so it's considered new to us. So if you don't like seeing old threads, noone is telling you to click on the link now are we? :D So please no more grey blocks for old threads I might be bringing back up. I think I'll go find a thread from 2001. >_>;; Jeez, where's the love?

WDWScottieBoy

v_misses_epcot said:
Awwwww, I got a grey reputation block for this thread. Someone out there doesn't like me very much because I speak my own mind on other threads. :p Come on out, who is it? who is it?!!! Who hates me? :cry:

I think noone should get mad at me or give me a grey reputation point because I started up a dead thread. I'm new here so how are old threads bad to us new people? Maybe for the people who have been here before right? How about us new people, we haven't seen the thread so it's considered new to us. So if you don't like seeing old threads, noone is telling you to click on the link now are we? :D So please no more grey blocks for old threads I might be bringing back up. I think I'll go find a thread from 2001. >_>;; Jeez, where's the love?

Of course you're new to this and don't really understand the system all that well yet. The gray boxes are from other new members who have no reputation themselves. You can't tell if they are good or bad from what I know, but the gray ones form my understanding are always positive. So...take back what you said, because it wasn't a hate rep point. Either way, gray boxes don't affect you so don't worry about it. :wave:

v_misses_epcot

Original Poster
WDWScottieBoy said:
Of course you're new to this and don't really understand the system all that well yet. The gray boxes are from other new members who have no reputation themselves. You can't tell if they are good or bad from what I know, but the gray ones form my understanding are always positive. So...take back what you said, because it wasn't a hate rep point. Either way, gray boxes don't affect you so don't worry about it. :wave:

:brick: DOH!!! Heh... Thanks for clearing things up for. I had no idea how reputation points work. I take everything back on what I said.

ct00000

I'm sure someone has mentioned it, but it bears repeating: the bakery on Mainstreet at MK. All of those delicious goodies inside! (I also know that much of the smells from there are manufactured from a machine, but nonetheless, it's the best!) :slurp:

bhg469

i love every smell except the popcorn. to me is smells like a really nasty mens room. but theres something about the monrail that gets me all happy.

WDWScottieBoy

v_misses_epcot said:
:brick: DOH!!! Heh... Thanks for clearing things up for. I had no idea how reputation points work. I take everything back on what I said.

Not a problem, just making sure everyone understands the system. I'm still getting used to it all, too. Don't feel bad about what you posted before as you weren't sure, it happens to everyone. Enjoy your time on here! :wave:

ImaginEAR

Mmm.... I love, love the smell of the gardens at the Polynesian at night. I cant seem to smell it during the day, but at night, i take it all in. :)

Djali999

One of the oddest, but best, smells is a little covered hall area to the right of the Garden Grove where Fantasyland meets Tomorrowland at the MK. It has a distinct 'pine' smell and smells an awful lot like Disneyland.

DonnieDarko and I call it the "Smell of Quality". :lol:

v_misses_epcot

Original Poster
Djali999 said:
One of the oddest, but best, smells is a little covered hall area to the right of the Garden Grove where Fantasyland meets Tomorrowland at the MK. It has a distinct 'pine' smell and smells an awful lot like Disneyland.

DonnieDarko and I call it the "Smell of Quality". :lol:
Is that the area where you can walk through an area of topiary? Because I think I know that smell.

PurpleDragon

"Hey whats that smell?" (sniffs the air)

"It reminds me of Disney World!!"

"Wow, that really takes me back."

THUD!! (passes out on the floor from inhaling unknown fumes)

LOL!!!:lol: Sorry, everytime I read this thread, thats the first image that pops in my head. :hammer:

DisneyFreak1228

The guest areas in Tower. For some reason, the backstage areas don't smell the same way!

HM - Just that old moldy stuffy smell...for some reason, I love that smell there.

iasw - I can't stand the ride, but I love the smell

Splash - even though that water smells absolutely horrible (smell your hands the next time you touch one of those logs) it's not Splash without that smell.

Sweet Spells - I hate walking past there when I'm working, b/c I can't go in.

The Confectionary and the bakery on Main Street - It's heaven.

The turkey legs - Even if I've just eaten, I smell a turkey leg and I HAVE to have one. Another reason I avoid walking down Sunset when I'm working b/c I can't buy anything at Toluca Legs Turkey Co.

OliveMcFly

doombuggie - Great Ceremonial house at the poly!!
Yes! The Poly smell is great. I also really love the smell of the Contemporary's Grand Canyon Concourse and the smell of the Rainforest Cafe. I'm getting sad now. :cry: Only 29 Days To Go! :sohappy:

NTI2002

I didn't think that so many people agreed with my father and I that the smell in the Poly's Great Cerimonial House is teh best smell ever lol. my dad's disney vacation doens't really start until he takes a deep hit off of that air and get's all excited. "ah ha...Smell it!? Smell it!?"
but I also like the smell of walking back into the poly room right after a long day at the park. it's very relaxing.

my favorite tucked away spot, is that strip of dock/bridge in frontierland that lets you bypass the crowds. I'm surprised that more people don't use it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom