Favorite Disney Resort

WDWFan2018

Original Poster
Those who have stayed at many different Disney Resorts, which one is your favorite in each category (Value, Moderate, Deluxe)?

eliza61nyc

I never tire of this question so I'll play.
first, we stayed at a value one time for one night and never again. the main problem is they are too small. my sons are all over 6ft tall and my late husband was pooh size.

Anyhoo, my favorite so far is the Beach Club resort. It's where I own at and it never fails to make me smile, I like the decor. bright, sunny, tons of windows with a bit of the "turn of the century" flavoring. You can't beat the location. walk to Epcot and HS. also can't beat the location for a variety of places to eat.

Amos1784

Value- Pop Century (wins hands down in our books)...Will never stay All Stars
Moderate- Port Orleans French Quarter (once again wins hands down for us)....Would never go back to Coronado
Deluxe DVC (I created my own sub category lol)- Old Key West, this is where I have been 30+ times and nostalgia as well as the fantastic relaxing vibe of the resort is something I just love.
Deluxe- Wilderness Lodge: Its a hard pick between here and Beach Club but with the addition or Geyser Point and view of Bay Lake this one takes it for us :)

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Value - All Start Music ( I was a band nerd in HS and loved my stay there)
Moderate - haven't stayed yet
Deluxe - Probably Yacht Club. Though I will be at AKL in 4 weeks so it could change

Demeter Tess

Deluxe - Polynesian. I'd always suspected it would be my favourite Deluxe, but hadn't stayed there due to the high price point. Finally had the chance to stay there last month and my suspicions were instantly confirmed: Best resort ever.

Moderate - Riverside. Our "go to" resort, we've stayed here many times and enjoy it very much. We particularly love walking the river down to French Quarter for beignets.

Value - Pop. I'm not a big fan of the Values, but I've been inside one of the renovated Pop rooms and they're quite nice.

Honorable mention goes to the Cabins at Fort Wilderness! We stayed there with friends last October and it was such a unique experience. Would love to stay there again!

- Lauren

mf1972

value-ASM. i know it gets some hate, but that was our first stay at a disney resort so it has a special meaning to us. we’ve stayed there a few times.

moderate- POFQ. like the theming & the compactness of the resort. also taking the boat ride to DS

deluxe- haven’t stayed yet, but would like to stay at either contemporary or polynesian

MomofPrincessGrace

Value- Pop Century (wins hands down in our books)...Will never stay All Stars
Moderate- Port Orleans French Quarter (once again wins hands down for us)....Would never go back to Coronado
Deluxe DVC (I created my own sub category lol)- Old Key West, this is where I have been 30+ times and nostalgia as well as the fantastic relaxing vibe of the resort is something I just love.
Deluxe- Wilderness Lodge: Its a hard pick between here and Beach Club but with the addition or Geyser Point and view of Bay Lake this one takes it for us :)
Is there a reason you won't stay at All Stars, or just have always stayed at Pop and love it. Just curious :happy:

Amos1784

Is there a reason you won't stay at All Stars, or just have always stayed at Pop and love it. Just curious :happy:

We have visited all the All Stars to see if it was something we were interested in for shorter trips. We felt that all were busier and crazier (for lack of a better word) than Pop. Food courts are smaller and more congested, also not always but at times share bus service, we rely so heavily on the buses this is a big for us. We have had nothing but great experiences with Bus Service at Pop. Our last trip there Feb of this year we did not wait more than 5 mins for a bus. I can't explain exactly why but the All Stars scream "value" to me where Pop and Art of Animation do not. :cool:

Jambo Joe

So many great choices and unique experiences, but here goes:

Value: toss up between PopCentury and Art of Animation. The two share Hourglass Lake and it’s easy to get between them. They will also share a gondola station next year. AoA has the superior Landscapes of Flavor food court, the very nice Big Blue pool and a mini recreation of Radiator Springs. The nostalgia vibe at Pop Century is also fun.

Moderate - for us - easily French Quarter. There is a reason that Disney doesn’t have to bother too often with room discounts there. Compact and charming layout evokes New Orleans, food court is good, river views are nice as you walk the grounds. Boat to Disney Springs a plus to quickly access dining and shopping options. The pool area is nice. It’s also located sort of in the middle - so your travel times to any of the parks is relatively fast.

Deluxe - if I have to pick one - it’s Animal Kingdom. We love many of the Deluxes - Copper Creek at Wilderness, Beach Club and Contemporary come to mind. But for a truly immersive and unique experience - AKL is just special. The wonderful architecture, the original African art, the sense of place, the tranquility, and the views of animals on the Savannahs just don’t have any direct comparisons elsewhere. Neither does the restaurant line up - three of the best sit down restaurants on property, and in my judgment the best quick serve too.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom