Favorite Direct to DVD Disney Sequel/Prequel

michmickey

Original Poster
I'm doing a presentation for my Disney club on D2D Disney sequels/prequels and I'm wondering what everyones favorites are/what you think is the best! Personally I'm a huge fan of Cinderella 3: A Twist in Time!

Inspired Figment

Pooh’s Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin. SEVERELY underrated yet SO good! It’s a shame it never got a proper theatrical release. I think had it been released in theaters, it would’ve been received a lot better.

Johnny Three-hats

The Lion King 2 and The Lion King 1 1/2. I actually like a lot of the sequels, but those are my favorites. The Lion King 2 I think, while not half as good as its predecessor, is actually pretty competent. Dare I say, I kinda prefer He Lives in You over Circle of Life. 1 1/2 is mostly just a silly, fun self-parody, but I really do enjoy Timon's character growth throughout.

michmickey

Original Poster
The Lion King 2 and The Lion King 1 1/2. I actually like a lot of the sequels, but those are my favorites. The Lion King 2 I think, while not half as good as its predecessor, is actually pretty competent. Dare I say, I kinda prefer He Lives in You over Circle of Life. 1 1/2 is mostly just a silly, fun self-parody, but I really do enjoy Timon's character growth throughout.
He Lives in You is such a good song and definitely one of my favorite Disney songs, also My Lullaby(?) is a bop!

Johnny Three-hats

It helps that it was written for the Broadway show and not the direct to video sequel.
I don't think that's quite accurate. He Lives in You wasn't written for The Lion King 2, but it wasn't written for the musical either. The song first appeared on the 1995 "sequel album" Rhythm of the Pridelands, two years prior to the musical. It was subsequently adopted into both the sequel and the musical. Goes to show how good of a song it is.

Also, thinking about it, I kinda prefer My Lullaby over Be Prepared too. I think I might just be a hipster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom