Favorite Classic Princess Movie?

Which of the three classic Disney princess movies is your favorite?

• Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Cinderella

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Sleeping Beauty

Votes: 12 42.9%

• Total voters

Kate F

Original Poster
While there have been numerous princess movies over the past few decades, no one can forget about Walt's original three. Even with a plethora of newer princesses and heroines, people still love Walt's original princesses and their movies continue to be some of the most popular of Disney's animations. However, while each of these movies has its own charms, everyone's got a favorite. Is it the one that started it all, Snow White? Do you prefer the magical tale of Cinderella? Or could your favorite be the visually stunning Sleeping Beauty? Whatever your pick, you definitely can't go wrong with any of them!

Magenta Panther

I love Snow White. Great story, characterization, and oh the feels. Still vibrant after all these years.

Sleeping Beauty is gorgeous, but the story is lacking. The plot is a bit of a mess. Not even the magnificent Maleficent (even in her dragon form) can completely overcome the movie's flaws IMO.

Robbiem

Sleeping Beauty- the art design is beautiful and the classical score make this a special movie. It has good boy and girl appeal and is the princess movie which stands out from my childhood

InnKpr

Sleeping Beauty.
Great animation, as others have mentioned.
The Bruns / Tchaikovsky musical score is one of the best in any Disney animated movie.
Good suspense / action toward the end. Notice how the two lead protagonists, Aurora and Philip, didn't need any speaking lines during the final act(s), pretty much just letting the animation and music tell the story.
Hands down the greatest Disney animated villain in the library.

It's a love story, if you want to call it that.
It's an adventure story, if you want to call it that.
It does a lot right.

*Cinderelly*

In the Parks
No
It still mesmerizes me that Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs came out in 1937. This film was so ahead of its time and for that time the animation was so amazing. The character of Snow White was the perfect princess and the dwarfs were all so amazing with each individual personality. The songs had a little of everything to them. Some were romantic and others were silly upbeat songs. All of it went so well with the great story.

I love Cinderella as a story better than Snow White overall and that is my favorite Disney movie overall, but for the time it came out Snow White is just beyond its time with every aspect of the movie.

In the Parks
Yes
They're all so good but Cinderella gets the leg-up for me. There's something so transportive about it plus I'm a really sucker for Jaq & Gus Gus ("HAPPY BIRFDAY!")

Joesixtoe

I just watched Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella for the first time in like 30 yrs so I basically forgot what they were like. Wow I cannot believe how great they are, so nice, sweeping, elegant, artistic and easy to watch. I understand now the charm of these beloved tales. Snow White is next.

Phroobar

Sleeping Beauty is the most artistic of the three.
Snow White is pretty crude and I can't stand her singing. Very dated.
Cinderella feels a little underdone since it relies on the cat and mice for large sections of the movie.

Disney Crazed

I have to say I haven't watched any of these very much. Probably watched Snow White once and Cinderella once in my life and Sleeping Beauty about 3 x's mostly because of the Maleficent movies. I have to say for how old the Sleeping Beauty movie is the animation is fantastic. I also like that story too. Sleeping Beauty it is for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom