Favorite "American Adventure" audio animatronics diorama

What is your favorite American Adventure audio-animatronics diorama?

• Frederick Douglas (on the raft in the Mississippi)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

C&D

Original Poster
I still find this show powerfull (after many viewings). I thought, why not a poll on your favorite part (of the show). I somehow gravitate (as my favorite) towards the 'Country Store' scene but take your pick:

p.s. I had to combine the opening and closing scenes with Ben and Mark in order to get all the rest of the choices in the poll (it is limited to 10 choices).

Cmdr_Crimson

The Finale with the Line "Tis Easy to See Hard to Forsee. But, I forsee The American Adventure to Continue a long long Time!"
1109112535.jpg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I like the scene with Teddy Roosevelt and John Muir the best. I'm very thankful that some men, and not just those two, had the foresight to preserve our national heritage through national parks. And now that I've been to Glacier Point in Yosemite and some other national parks I love this scene even more.

The Empress Lilly

Awesome thread!

I love this show. It is so grand and dignified. Truly representing the very best of Disney, keeping EPCOT's dreams aloft above the commercial 'drunks & honey boo princesses' fest outside the hallowed halls of the AA.

I love all the scenes. I find the Civil War scene a bit dry and longwinded though. On the other end of the scale is the segment with Golden Dream, surely one of the greatest love song ever written about America.
amour4.gif

I voted Country Store. Amazing how with such little material they managed so much placemaking, such rich historical setting. Fantastic theatre.

AmericanAdventure67.jpg

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

For overall effectiveness of the moment, I'd pick first and last, but if we're going on technical performance then the civil war scene takes the cake. It's one thing to have figures "react" in succession, but to have 6 (?) all moving and responding at the same time really sells the idea that "people" are on the stage and not robots.

George Lucas on a Bench

The Declaration of Independence scene with Thomas Jefferson where Ben Franklin walks up the stairs is easily the most impressive. However, my favorite moment is the aforementioned finale in the Statue of Liberty torch. Great score too.

Goofyernmost

Personally, there is not a single part of the American Adventure show that I don't love. However, when forced to choose, I had to go with the "two brothers" segment. That was emotionally a very strong part of the show and one that didn't glorify everything this country ever did. In fact, that pointed out just how wrong and foolish we could be at times. So, I voted for The Civil War segment, but, it was not an easy choice.

The Empress Lilly

Wow, so that was the source photo they used for that scene?
Yep.

And for the finale they used a source photo of Franklin and Twain on the Statue of Liberty!!

(Okay okay, I kid. We all know the two Founding Fathers Franklin and Twain were dead and buried way before the Statue of Liberty was given to America by Britain in 1776)

The Empress Lilly

The Declaration of Independence scene with Thomas Jefferson where Ben Franklin walks up the stairs is easily the most impressive. However, my favorite moment is the aforementioned finale in the Statue of Liberty torch. Great score too.
Good to see you! I've missed you!

You and your passionate and informed love of classic WDW!

Goofyernmost

Yep.

And for the finale they used a source photo of Franklin and Twain on the Statue of Liberty!!

(Okay okay, I kid. We all know the two Founding Fathers Franklin and Twain were dead and buried way before the Statue of Liberty was given to America by Britain in 1776)
Wow...so close!;) Franklin was indeed part of history by then. Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens) died in 1910. The Statue of Liberty was dedicated (where it presently stands) in 1886. There was a good chance that Mr. Clemens did indeed see it up close. Oh, yea...it was a gift from the People of France, not Britain.

Sam Clemens is, however, credited with the response after his death was accidentally announced in the news paper..."The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated".

The Empress Lilly

Wow...so close!;) Franklin was indeed part of history by then. Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens) died in 1910. The Statue of Liberty was dedicated (where it presently stands) in 1886. There was a good chance that Mr. Clemens did indeed see it up close. Oh, yea...it was a gift from the People of France, not Britain.
Dang, I knew I'd get some detail wrong! Oh well, close enuff!

FettFan

I voted Roosevelt and Weir. Teddy's always been a personal hero of mine.

Least favorite? The Civil War. Terrible presentation. At least MK's Hall of Presidents gave us an action sequence. It's haunting, especially when you have Royal Dano's monologue as Lincoln coupled with the unfolding curtains and splashes of red and explosions.

They should evict the "Two Brothers" sleepytime ballad, have the discussion of slavery, then explosions and warfare, followed by Lee's beaten army surrendering to Grant at Appomattox.

jw24

Have to agree about the two brothers and the Civil War. That's the one that stood out in my view with the presentation, score and the story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom