• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Favorite AFFORDABLE off property

JohnD

Just something to throw out there- more is coming to Flamingo Crossings- a Hampton Inn and Suites, Hyatt House, Hyatt Place, Hilton Garden Inn, Residence Inn, Home2, Homewood Suites, Fairfield Inn. Some may have been cancelled, but I can tell you these have all been officially permitted for or announced.
Sounds good. Doesn’t help me for this weekend. LOL! Nice to know there are future choices if I choose to stay off-property, though.

Last edited:

jonabyte

Advertisement
No. Quoted rates on travel sites don't include tax. Yes, breakfast is free. Probably continental. I plan to rope drop Saturday and Sunday so not an amenity I need. My taxes and fees for Orange County are $29.55/night. Use that as a guide when calculating per night cost.
We stayed here last March, great hotel and great location. It's a bit of a drive to the actual parks, but coming in the Western Way was calming for me (drive wise).
The breakfast, parking and wifi is included. The breakfast was very good and lots of it, continental but a bit above the normal to me. If you can get a good price, I think it is a great place to stay.

JohnD

We stayed here last March, great hotel and great location. It's a bit of a drive to the actual parks, but coming in the Western Way was calming for me (drive wise).
The breakfast, parking and wifi is included. The breakfast was very good and lots of it, continental but a bit above the normal to me. If you can get a good price, I think it is a great place to stay.
Yep. The drive is a little longer but out of the way of high traffic areas so, by time, it might actually be shorter. I think driving to/from DS would be a headache and take up more time because of traffic lights, buses, etc.

Tony the Tigger

Premium Member
Baymont Inn and Suites (7601 Black Lake Road, Kissimmee, FL, 34747) it has access to a "backdoor" entrance onto WDW property which spits you out right next to AKL and DAK.
I believe this is what @NiarrNDisney is referring to. Sherberth Road to Osceola Pkwy.

View attachment 290320
Too funny. We Pricelined this place by chance this week. When Siri started taking us what I am now realizing is “the back way,” we thought it was the wrong way, and we turned around and took 192 in a lot of traffic.

D’oh!

But sometimes Siri/GPS takes us to employee entrances, etc., so we assumed it was wrong.

Hotel was just OK. But it was cheap, fine for a one or two night stopover. Wouldn’t do a week long family vaca there. Parking lot got dicey at night as well.

Top Bottom