Favorite AFFORDABLE off property

yensid67

So, I am seriously considering an off site property, something comparable to POP Century. We are looking at a trip Jan 21-29, 2019. POP nightly rates for two QUEEN beds and free parking at the parks (or bus transportation) are 116/126/153 (M-W/Th,Su/F-Sa), an average of 127.75. Taxes and resort parking not included. The Clarion rate for two DOUBLE beds is 130, plus taxes. Resort parking and breakfast are included, but I would have to pay for parking at the parks. I'm not seeing enough (any?) savings to staying off site...
You did not figure in the $13.00+ per night parking fee for resort parking!

zeedan

I second the Buena Vista Suites as our off-site favorite, had the double queen suite. Last stayed there in November 2017, 2 other times previously. The suite is a separate bedroom (2 queens) and a living room (with a sleeper); there is a door between so extra early risers can dress, etc., without disturbing the late-risers. For 2 adults and 2 teens this was plenty of room. Quick drive in to WDW. They have a shuttle but we rented a car so didn't use it, so I can't speak to the efficiency of the shuttle. The free breakfast was acceptable, however extremely crowded so get up early. We got a very nice rate using MouseSavers and they waived parking fee and resort fee (which I think totaled 15/nt). Our last stay at a WDW resort was Caribbean and the room was so much smaller. But, if I could get the same rate for Boardwalk, I'd go back there in a heartbeat. :)

May just be me, since I'm both a Marriott Rewards Member and a Hilton Honors member, but I have to recommend several properties:
  • SpringHill Suites/TownePlace Suites Walt Disney World/Flamingo Crossings: Either property seems nice, and very close to WDW, with large rooms.
  • SpringHill Suites/Residence Inn Millenia: Decent dual brand near Millenia Mall!
  • Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection: Pretty nice!
  • Holiday Inn Express at SeaWorld: There is also a VERY similar, costlier TownePlace Suites next door. (same building design)
  • ANY HAMPTON INN: Any Hampton Inn at all is nice. I've never had a bad experience.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Drury Inn no parking fee, free breakfast, hot appetizers in afternoon and cocktails.
Comfort Inn LBV free parking and free breakfast
Check out mousavers for deals they have been advertising lots of hotels around Disney SPrings and in Disney springs that aren't charging for parking
Also I got two nights at Dolphin on hotwire for $80 a night, sure Ill have to pay the resort fee when I get there but its still worth it.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Drury Inns!!!

yensid67

So, I am seriously considering an off site property, something comparable to POP Century. We are looking at a trip Jan 21-29, 2019. POP nightly rates for two QUEEN beds and free parking at the parks (or bus transportation) are 116/126/153 (M-W/Th,Su/F-Sa), an average of 127.75. Taxes and resort parking not included. The Clarion rate for two DOUBLE beds is 130, plus taxes. Resort parking and breakfast are included, but I would have to pay for parking at the parks. I'm not seeing enough (any?) savings to staying off site...
You CAN get rooms for as low as $60 /night if you know where to look! PM me I can give you a few sites for this hotel as well as others! that will most likely be cheaper! SAVINGS- If the ClarionLBV is $130/night, the only thing you would have to pay for is parking! If you stay on property, you will be paying $127.73 PLUS having your car in the parking lot at the Resort...at least $20 a night added to your budget! According to your $127.75/night PLUS Resort parking you could be paying $1182.00 for on property and $560.00($75/night) at the Clarionlbv...even at $130/night you would only be paying $1040.00! The room is only to sleep and shower. During the day you will be in that parks, so why pay for a themed room when a majority of the time you will not be in it!? Just blows my mind! LOL! Look at my signature for September 2019 trip...you see it right...$1,000.00 for the week per person!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
We just got the Hilton Bonnet Creek for $91/nt via Trivago and hotelsforeveryone.com in a peak season. Yes, they charge a ridiculous resort fee, and a fairly high amount for parking. However, we've stayed there before, and if it had "Disney's" as a prefix, it would easily be a $400+/nt property. You're basically getting a 4-star hotel for less than Pop and All-Stars.

JohnD

May just be me, since I'm both a Marriott Rewards Member and a Hilton Honors member, but I have to recommend several properties:
  • SpringHill Suites/TownePlace Suites Walt Disney World/Flamingo Crossings: Either property seems nice, and very close to WDW, with large rooms.
  • SpringHill Suites/Residence Inn Millenia: Decent dual brand near Millenia Mall!
  • Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection: Pretty nice!
  • Holiday Inn Express at SeaWorld: There is also a VERY similar, costlier TownePlace Suites next door. (same building design)
  • ANY HAMPTON INN: Any Hampton Inn at all is nice. I've never had a bad experience.

I'm not a member but scheduled a last minute MLK weekend trip at SpringHill Suites/Flamingo Crossings. I got a deal with a third party site for $139/night AND parking is free. I briefly thought about Wyndham Garden Disney Springs but realized the hassle it would be on the opposite side of the property. As someone coming from Tallahassee and an AP holder, staying right outside the western entrance is the perfect location. I'll be driving to HS, AK, and Epcot (maybe monorail to MK) and all three of those parks are in the vicinity of Western Way.

JohnD

Does $139 include tax? Is breakfast free?

No. Quoted rates on travel sites don't include tax. Yes, breakfast is free. Probably continental. I plan to rope drop Saturday and Sunday so not an amenity I need. My taxes and fees for Orange County are $29.55/night. Use that as a guide when calculating per night cost.

Last edited:

macefamily

We stay right off of 192 in Kissimmee. Found a guy who has a three bedroom/two bath condo in a gated community. Two pools, community center, basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball. Close to restaurants and groceries. He charges around $50 per night. Can't beat it. Venetian Bay.

JohnD

We stay right off of 192 in Kissimmee. Found a guy who has a three bedroom/two bath condo in a gated community. Two pools, community center, basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball. Close to restaurants and groceries. He charges around $50 per night. Can't beat it. Venetian Bay.

You found a guy. . .;)

I'm not a member but scheduled a last minute MLK weekend trip at SpringHill Suites/Flamingo Crossings. I got a deal with a third party site for $139/night AND parking is free. I briefly thought about Wyndham Garden Disney Springs but realized the hassle it would be on the opposite side of the property. As someone coming from Tallahassee and an AP holder, staying right outside the western entrance is the perfect location. I'll be driving to HS, AK, and Epcot (maybe monorail to MK) and all three of those parks are in the vicinity of Western Way.

Just something to throw out there- more is coming to Flamingo Crossings- a Hampton Inn and Suites, Hyatt House, Hyatt Place, Hilton Garden Inn, Residence Inn, Home2, Homewood Suites, Fairfield Inn. Some may have been cancelled, but I can tell you these have all been officially permitted for or announced.

JohnD

Just something to throw out there- more is coming to Flamingo Crossings- a Hampton Inn and Suites, Hyatt House, Hyatt Place, Hilton Garden Inn, Residence Inn, Home2, Homewood Suites, Fairfield Inn. Some may have been cancelled, but I can tell you these have all been officially permitted for or announced.

Sounds good. Doesn’t help me for this weekend. LOL! Nice to know there are future choices if I choose to stay off-property, though.

Last edited:

jonabyte

No. Quoted rates on travel sites don't include tax. Yes, breakfast is free. Probably continental. I plan to rope drop Saturday and Sunday so not an amenity I need. My taxes and fees for Orange County are $29.55/night. Use that as a guide when calculating per night cost.
We stayed here last March, great hotel and great location. It's a bit of a drive to the actual parks, but coming in the Western Way was calming for me (drive wise).
The breakfast, parking and wifi is included. The breakfast was very good and lots of it, continental but a bit above the normal to me. If you can get a good price, I think it is a great place to stay.

JohnD

We stayed here last March, great hotel and great location. It's a bit of a drive to the actual parks, but coming in the Western Way was calming for me (drive wise).
The breakfast, parking and wifi is included. The breakfast was very good and lots of it, continental but a bit above the normal to me. If you can get a good price, I think it is a great place to stay.

Yep. The drive is a little longer but out of the way of high traffic areas so, by time, it might actually be shorter. I think driving to/from DS would be a headache and take up more time because of traffic lights, buses, etc.

Tony the Tigger

Baymont Inn and Suites (7601 Black Lake Road, Kissimmee, FL, 34747) it has access to a "backdoor" entrance onto WDW property which spits you out right next to AKL and DAK.
I believe this is what @NiarrNDisney is referring to. Sherberth Road to Osceola Pkwy.

View attachment 290320

Too funny. We Pricelined this place by chance this week. When Siri started taking us what I am now realizing is “the back way,” we thought it was the wrong way, and we turned around and took 192 in a lot of traffic.

D’oh!

But sometimes Siri/GPS takes us to employee entrances, etc., so we assumed it was wrong.

Hotel was just OK. But it was cheap, fine for a one or two night stopover. Wouldn’t do a week long family vaca there. Parking lot got dicey at night as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom