Favor from Anyone at or Going to CBR

Goof-Man

Original Poster
Hi Everyone,

I need to ask a big favour to anyone who is at or will be going to CBR in the next few months. I need a photo taken of a hammock for me. You see, here is the back story. in 2015 we took a trip we titled as new beginnings. We had just moved to a new city and decided that we will go to Disney World as a vacation after a stressful few months with the birth of our son and moving. Anyway, we took a family picture that turned out to be the best family picture. I setup the camera on a chair and then got on the hammock with my family (wife, daughter 2 and son in the car seat) but me a 6'3" 225LB man got on the hammock and we went flying, but the camera snapped the photo and it was amazing. Our faces were truly excited and magical.

Now, 2021 is our 10 year anniversary and for our anniversary (Oct 1) - I am giving my wife a trip back to CBR in January as the pandemic has caused us to be careful about our travels, etc. But to surprise her, I want to take a picture of the hammock from the same angle and label it "This picture is being refurbished for your future enjoyment" and see if she notices the picture has changed. I'm happy to DM the picture who whomever, but do not wish to post it as my wife may see it.

Attached is the where we need the photo taken. It is in Aruba on the beach just by the pathway by the pool.

Can I ask for help from anyone on here?

Attachments

• cbrmap-01.jpeg
    cbrmap-01.jpeg
    111 KB · Views: 119

Much-Pixie-Dust

I have no picture of the hammock at CBR and live over 1,000 miles away or I would get one for you. Just wanted to say this is so sweet and thoughtful. Happy Anniversary and have the best trip ever!

Goof-Man

Original Poster
I have no picture of the hammock at CBR and live over 1,000 miles away or I would get one for you. Just wanted to say this is so sweet and thoughtful. Happy Anniversary and have the best trip ever!
Thank you so much! I am excited and now can't wait until October 1 when I can give her the trip and we can start planning together. She has no idea, which is the best part of it. I love surprises. If she didn't have to give her availability for cases she works on three months out, I would simply just say one day, let's go to Disney Tomorrow and we'd be off.

But as the pandemic situation is getting better, the January 2022 trip is going to be great.

MaryJaneP

If it is not too much to ask, kindly update your post with results, especially post reveal and if possible both the before and after hammock photos.

Goof-Man

Original Poster
Hi Everyone,

I thought I would give an update!

We are crossing things off the perpetual todo list.

1. Thanks to @castlecake2.0 I have a beautiful hammock picture.
2. Thanks to Westjet and their get back to Normal sale, I have flights booked at a great price.
3. I have a reservation at WDW at CBR for Jan 7 - 18

My wife is not aware what so ever. I had to watch myself because I was talking a lot about Disney. She knows when I am getting the bug to go back as I start talking about it, viewing more videos, etc as I am trying to get my fix. But I am talking about new things that are coming, current policies etc.

She did say the other day, that when the world is coming out of Covid she wants to go to Disney before our daughter is too old to really appreciate things. On a side note, my daughter started asking about characters and if they are real.

My response remains the same: of course stitch is a person in a suit, but Mickey is real. (LOL) But in all seriousness, my daughter saw a video fo the princesses and she was amazed that they are real. She said "Dad, there are real princesses, and I said yes" so I think she will stop questioning some of it for a while.

Back to the plan, I am preparing how I will surprise my wife on our Anniversary. I know that it is going to be like a ton of bricks hitting her, but in the end she will be excited. I love to do surprises and can normally knock her socks off and she has trouble keeping the smallest of surprises a secret from anyone.

More to come as the planning continues!

Goof-Man

Original Poster
Hi Everyone, here is an update:

We are two days away from the big reveal to my wife. The picture from castlecake2.0 is bring printed and I will put on the frame on Thursday evening after my wife goes to bed. I am planning on letting her find it and ask questions instead of just revealing it.

I think she will be super excited to know we are going and the trip planning will commence. I will keep everyone here updated on the progress and put up some photos to show the before/after on the picture.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom