FAUCI to premier on Disney+ October 6

Vegas Disney Fan

Watching this right now and it’s fascinating how much the anger directed at Fauci in regards to Covid mirrors the anger to Fauci during AIDS, the main difference is back then it was the left who blamed him and who hated him and now it’s the right who blame him and hate him.

Being the guy in charge of infectious diseases during a pandemic/epidemic apparently makes you the easy guy to blame.

seascape

Over all I enjoyed it. It could have been better by including more positive and negative views but while I do agree with everything he did and didn't do, I believe he did what he thought was best during his entire career.

Brian

This was perhaps the most defining image of this documentary. Fauci, hard at work in his home office, with a larger than life canvas painting of himself hanging on the wall.

FBXo3EEXoAQVLtV.jpeg

Tony the Tigger

I was just being sarcastic. I thought it was funny (and egotistical) that he had a portrait of himself in his office.
It may be. It could also be a gift from his grandkids and he wanted them to feel good, or his wife put it there, or the people filming took it from the garage and put it there.

He doesn't strike me as an egomaniac or someone who would commission that kind of thing for himself. But who knows - maybe he did. I know someone he used to work for who did. Maybe it was a gift from him. 🤣

ETA: not to stereotype (as a gay man myself) but a lot of LGBT people are artists, and were some of the first to deal with HIV. It's very possible a patient or someone grateful for his work with AIDS sent it. It may be more sentimental than ego.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
This was perhaps the most defining image of this documentary. Fauci, hard at work in his home office, with a larger than life canvas painting of himself hanging on the wall.

View attachment 592683
Its a painting by musician and painter Joan Baez, she painted it without him knowing. I'm sure its a gift from her directly as she is a big fan of his.

You can see it on her site here:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom