Trip Report Father's Day and The One Where Our Bubby Turns 30 aka Dude Trip

June 19-21st Trip:

Hubs and I's eldest turns 30 on June 20th. 🤯:arghh::eek: We threw a few destinations out to him (Vegas, New York, etc.) but he said he really just wanted to go to Disney. Its a fairly easy drive usually no more than 2 hours when 75 and 4 aren't crazy and who are we to argue with a birthday boy
Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

So DISNEY it is!!

We bit the bullet and got our APs back (well the APs that are being offered) and booked rooms at Movies.

As the usual control freak...oops I mean trip planner I am leaving the "plans" to the boys. Sunday is Father's Day so that will be Hubs day to decide. Our APs are only good for weekdays so no parks. I think he mentioned pool time and maybe a monorail ride.

Monday Bday boy picked Magic Kingdom with a hop over to Epcot later in the day. Tuesday we reserved MGM sorry Hollywood Studios. We have yet to do Rise of the Resistance. It has been SUPER hard to not see any spoilers. No AK :(

Since I'm going with 2 men they will not do matching t-shirts :mad: so I downloaded a design off Etsy and tweaked it for myself.
PXL_20220611_195907444.jpg

Not as good as some of @Darstarr 's from her TR.

I asked what the must do's would be this trip. I didn't know if either of them were interested in Guardians or not. We never had luck with Rise and the VirtualQueue thing so I didn't have much faith we would do any better with Guardians. But I guess I worried for nothing as I was told the must do's are Splash, Ratatouille and Rise. Oh, and drinking German beer...

WDWMagic Family my family has been navigating Disney for over 20 years now and I am being honest in telling all of you that Genie and Genie+ has me intimidated. I am almost to a point that we are just going to do standby for everything. 1) I don't want to be up at 7 booking things and 2) I don't want to pay an extra $45 a day. That is why I've been pouring over all of your TRs to see how well you all have navigated. Still feeling like it's just too much and just want to go and enjoy.

No dining reservations. The boys just want all counter service. Again, I just keep having to tell myself: dude trip...

Quick question to anyone who has been there....is Gideon's Bakeshop worth it? I've def been eyeing the Peanut Butter cookie at MK and not sure the dudes will wait in line at Gideon's.

Thanks for letting me share!!

rshell68

Original Poster
following along!!

I used Genie+ not long after it first came out and had good luck with it and there was lots of availability for most things, but now that more people are using it I'm hearing that's not really the case anymore.
Thank you! I'm following yours too!! That house is super cool!!
Love the shirt!
And…
Its Me Reaction GIF by CBS
YAY! So just to be clear my report will need to include alcohol and rain, right?? heehee

KILUMTL123

For my 32 year old son, Gideons is a must do. He loves the cookies and the cake. Our shortest line to get in was 30 min. Our longest wait was 3 hours. I would suggest doing it at least once to try it. The peanut butter cold brew is to die for and I don't drink coffee.
Have a great trip.

rshell68

Original Poster
For my 32 year old son, Gideons is a must do. He loves the cookies and the cake. Our shortest line to get in was 30 min. Our longest wait was 3 hours. I would suggest doing it at least once to try it. The peanut butter cold brew is to die for and I don't drink coffee.
Have a great trip.
Thank you! And thank you for Gideons Intel!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom