Fat guys and attractions

Florida_is_hot

Original Poster
You know.... this is not about changing my life style yes I know my weight is slowly killing me.

I want to ask how friendly attractions are to big guys.

Me I weigh 260 and I have had a hard time embarrassed especially at Universal Studios.
If I want to avoid embarrassment should I avoid attractions WDW?

Too heavy I know......

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My husband is a bigger guy too and he hasn't had any problems with the attractions at WDW. The attractions that have the tightest fit are Space Mt and Rock n Roller Coaster, but that is mostly getting out of the vehicles.

Nothing to worry about. I went to Disney 3 years ago and was 100 pounds heavier than you. I had no issues. I am now down 100 pounds and went to Disneyland last year, again no issues, but a lot easier time walking around the parks.

Minnie1976

Astro Orbitor. My husband is a big guy and we are both over 60, but at Christmas I was so embarrassed I couldn't get out of the rocket and neither could my husband. I was really about to panic. It took a lot of effort on both our parts to climb out. I hadn't been in decades and will never go on it again.

Florida_is_hot

Original Poster
Ok thanks, FYI I do not think of myself as that big.....

Last time in Florida I found out Islands of Adventure does not want me.

Was bit worried

yellowb

Tried Astro Orbiter with myself and wife back in June. Smallest ride vehicle ever! I do not recommend two adults for that one, no matter if the cast member wants to stick you together.

Grumpy36

I was at WDW in May, and I weigh about 330 and didn't have really any issues. The only two rides that I remember being uncomfortable on were It's a small world (I just felt like I didn't have enough leg room, knees were jamed against the seat) and Space Mountain was a little snug. Other than that I was able to ride everything fine!

slappy magoo

There will be rides where you may be uncomfortable, but there shouldn't be rides where you won't be able to fit or latch a safety harness. Space Mountain just has a lap bar. Expedition Everest & Rock & Roller Coaster just have shoulder harnesses to keep you in place. Most other rides, if anything, have seat belts with ample extension. The rides you have to watch out for most are the rides with narrow seating, like the aforementioned Astro Orbiter.

bethymouse

Astro Orbitor. My husband is a big guy and we are both over 60, but at Christmas I was so embarrassed I couldn't get out of the rocket and neither could my husband. I was really about to panic. It took a lot of effort on both our parts to climb out. I hadn't been in decades and will never go on it again.
I have a VERY difficult time getting out of the rocket. I am a big gal, and my twin boys LOVE to ride it. My husband hates it. So... I take them on it, but ugh!:eek:

bethymouse

Ok thanks, FYI I do not think of myself as that big.....

Last time in Florida I found out Islands of Adventure does not want me.

Was bit worried
The amusement park rides (especially Harry Potter) don't accommodate "larger" folks unfortunately.:( The restraint systems won't allow it.:( I know from personal experience. They have "test" vehicles now, and I am so sad and embarrassed when I can't fit.:( Some amusement parks have "special" seats for overweight folks like me.:) That's why I love Disney so much. I can enjoy all of the rides w/o a problem. I do need to lose weight, but at least Disney allows me to enjoy rides and not feel so ashamed of myself.:(

maryszhi

all ears.net has a gallery of ride attraction vehicles and info so that you can decide. also some attractions have a mock ride vehicle where you can test the fit.

Minnie1976

Tried Astro Orbiter with myself and wife back in June. Smallest ride vehicle ever! I do not recommend two adults for that one, no matter if the cast member wants to stick you together.
My husband and I were in separate rockets. If they had put the 2 of us in one rocket, they may have had to cut us out. HA! HA!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom