FastPass+ & MagicBand newbie..

LMSB

Original Poster
Hubs & I are heading down Oct 26-Nov 2 for a late honeymoon (we got married in May) I'm in charge of planning the itinerary & would like some basic information regarding FastPass+ & MagicBand. Hubs last trip was in 2001, mine in 2007 so this is all new to us. For example, how do we acquire our Magic Bands? How is FastPass+ different from regular FastPass? Is regular FastPass a thing of Disney past? Any information, advice or tips would be great, thank you in advance!;)

Rob562

FastPass as you know it from previous trips is entirely gone. Everything is electronic. You can make up to three selections per day beforehand. All three must be in the same park. After you've used those three, you can make additional FastPasses one at a time using your phone or a kiosk (pending availability, of course). Those additional FP+ can be for any park.

MagicBands are *not* required to use FastPass or even enter the park. If you don't have a Band you just tap your park ticket to the reader.

Disney resort Guests get a free MagicBand as part of their hotel reservation. If you're staying off-site you can buy Bands, but IMO they're not quite worth it for the convenience (especially since many of the Band's best features like room charging and hotel room key are available to Disney hotel guests only)

Beyond that, you should read through the FAQ available here on WDW Magic.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagicplus.htm

-Rob

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
And remember that if you're staying on-site, you will be able to start booking FastPasses online at 7 am on 27 Aug 2017 (26 Sept 2017 if you are staying off-site). Put that date in your calendar now because Disney won't remind you until after the official start time has passed and if you want the best pickings of Fast Passes (especially for the Pandora attractions) you will want to be near your computer to start booking passes as soon as your window opens!

LMSB

Original Poster
And remember that if you're staying on-site, you will be able to start booking FastPasses online at 7 am on 27 Aug 2017 (26 Sept 2017 if you are staying off-site). Put that date in your calendar now because Disney won't remind you until after the official start time has passed and if you want the best pickings of Fast Passes (especially for the Pandora attractions) you will want to be near your computer to start booking passes as soon as your window opens!
Awesome, thank you so much!:)

GoofyCathy

Is that 7:00a.m. eastern time?

Minnie1986

I came here to say exactly this. The FastPass availability date is crucial. I was online at 7am and was this close to not even getting a flight of passage FP.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Also, consider booking the FastPasses for the last day(s) of your trip first (or at least be flexible with your days and don't be discouraged if you can't find your preferred fast passes for the first or second day of your trip). The 60-day window (for on site guests) is only 60 days from the FIRST day of your visit. If you are staying for 7 days, you actually can book your FastPasses for your last day 67 days before you are actually there (because the window to book for your entire trip opens 60 days before your first day). As most people will book their first days first, and as the window to book for the last days of your trip will be open to substantially fewer people than people booking the first day, you can frequently get a MUCH better selection for the last day(s) of your trip (case in point, I booked at the start of my 60-day window and the earliest I could find a FOP FP on my second day scheduled was late afternoon, but when I looked at my seventh day scheduled, I could find a FOP FP almost anytime during the days from park open to close).

GoofyCathy

Also, consider booking the FastPasses for the last day(s) of your trip first (or at least be flexible with your days and don't be discouraged if you can't find your preferred fast passes for the first or second day of your trip). The 60-day window (for on site guests) is only 60 days from the FIRST day of your visit. If you are staying for 7 days, you actually can book your FastPasses for your last day 67 days before you are actually there (because the window to book for your entire trip opens 60 days before your first day). As most people will book their first days first, and as the window to book for the last days of your trip will be open to substantially fewer people than people booking the first day, you can frequently get a MUCH better selection for the last day(s) of your trip (case in point, I booked at the start of my 60-day window and the earliest I could find a FOP FP on my second day scheduled was late afternoon, but when I looked at my seventh day scheduled, I could find a FOP FP almost anytime during the days from park open to close).

Thanks so much!! Great to hear that.

Oregonkris

Living on the west coast I'll have to get up at 4 am to book fastpasses? Ugh!! I'm staying off-site (free hotel with member points) and the 30 day window sounds like I might miss out on some bookings: 60 day people will get there first. Any advice?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom