Fastpass+: Daughter Not "Eligible?"

PrincessMia

Original Poster
I tried to make FP+ choices last night, and the site says DD8 is not eligible. What does that mean? I assume it's a glitch. Anyone had a similar issue? I tried calling WDW but hung up after 25 minutes on hold.

ddrongowski

Is the ride a height restricted one? If so maybe Disney is figuring certain ages aren't eligible to ride. Just imagine getting fast pass +'s and you and your 5 year old. The 5 year old is REALLY excited to ride space mountain. And since you already have the ticket 6 months prior, it has just been building the excitement!!!!! WOO HOO!!! GONNA RIDE A ROLLER COASTER!!!!! Then you get in the fast pass line only to find out, oops your to short. That's gonna have a psych affect....

ddrongowski

It's a glitch. Call Disney again.
No it's not a glitch, this is normal behavior that is expected in any new technology and should be embraced with happiness. Well that's at least what I heard CM's are saying from another post. Yes call Disney and be prepared for hold, make sure to call from your cell phone so you won't have to stay in one place for 5 hours.

MIKETFROMRI

I tried to make FP+ choices last night, and the site says DD8 is not eligible. What does that mean? I assume it's a glitch. Anyone had a similar issue? I tried calling WDW but hung up after 25 minutes on hold.
I had same thing happen and it was just because I had not linked her onto FP+

Laura

Premium Member
Is the ride a height restricted one? If so maybe Disney is figuring certain ages aren't eligible to ride. Just imagine getting fast pass +'s and you and your 5 year old. The 5 year old is REALLY excited to ride space mountain. And since you already have the ticket 6 months prior, it has just been building the excitement!!!!! WOO HOO!!! GONNA RIDE A ROLLER COASTER!!!!! Then you get in the fast pass line only to find out, oops your to short. That's gonna have a psych affect....

There are actually very few rides in the Disney parks that any average-sized child over the age of 3 cannot ride because of height.

ddrongowski

There are actually very few rides in the Disney parks that any average-sized child over the age of 3 cannot ride because of height.
I agree completely but, there are rides like Primeval Whirl and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster both at 48". Right now both are existing fastpass rides. I do know that at age 4 my son was to short. Hopefully the fastpass + designers have thought about this. Like I said imagine the disappointment, etc... of expecting to ride one of these and upon arrival to the line, being turned away. Especially after "having" a fastpass for up to 60 days prior to arrival.

Found this on livestrong.com The normal height for a 4-year-old boy or girl is from 37 to 46 inches.
Animal KingdomDinosaur40"
EpcotWonders of Life / Body Wars40"
Blizzard BeachSummit Plummet48"
Magic KingdomBarnstormer at Goofy's Wiseacres Farm35"
Animal KingdomPrimeval Whirl48"
Blizzard BeachDownhill Double Dipper48"
DisneyQuestMighty Ducks Pinball Slam48"
Typhoon LagoonBay Slide52"
Animal KingdomKali River Rapids38"
DisneyQuestBuzz Lightyear's AstroBlaster51"
DisneyQuestCyberspace Mountain51"
EpcotTest Track40"
EpcotSoarin'40"
Hollywood StudiosStar Tours: The Adventures Continue40"
Magic KingdomSpace Mountain44"
Magic KingdomStitch's Great Escape40"
Typhoon LagoonHumunga Kowabunga48"
Animal Kingdom Expedition Everest44"
Blizzard BeachCross Country Creek48"
EpcotMission Space44"
Hollywood StudiosThe Twilight Zone Tower of Terror40"
Hollywood StudiosRock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith48"
Magic KingdomSplash Mountain40"
Magic KingdomBig Thunder Mountain Railroad40"

cmybliss

In this case, I feel it's the parent's responsibility to do the research. You should check ahead of time to see if your child is tall enough for a particular attraction. If they're not, don't book the FP+ and don't get in line. I see it all the time. Parents blatantly ignore the posted height. When they get to the front of the line, they are told their child can't ride. Tantrum, (usually thrown by the adult) ensues. This in turn sets the child off. There is no excuse for not knowing what the height requirements are. They are clearly posted at the entrance to all rides as well as easily accessible on the website. It's not Disney's job to keep your child from having a tantrum. It's their job to keep them safe on height appropriate rides and that's why they have those restrictions.

Let me be clear, I'm not defending the "plan your vacay to the last second" stand that seems to be the norm for DW these days. I personally like the idea of FP+, but am not thrilled with the implementation. I think FP+ should only be open for booking a day or two prior to your trip at the earliest. I'd like it even better if it was only open once you entered the parks, either from your mobile app or at kiosks for those w/o smart devices. That would make the process a little more fare .

PrincessMia

Original Poster
My only issue with not being able to book FP+ till the last minute is that my iPhone/iPad/laptop takes ~10 minutes to book 3 FP+'s per day. Not sure if this is unusual. I guess 10 minutes per day isn't bad, unless I want to have plans coming into the park each day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom