News FastPass+ comes to Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Weather_Lady

Current state of affairs.

2020-01-23 09_52_04-Window.jpg

Weather_Lady

Glad it's not just me, I was able to make choices without any issues about an hour ago, then suddenly I looked about 5 minutes ago and suddenly no fastpasses at all :rolleyes:

Yeah - it totally freaked me out. On the app, it shows all my ADRs, etc. but no FP+, with no explanation.

At least on the computer, I'm now getting the "can't display your FP+ plans at this time" message. So at least MDE knows I have FP+, somewhere...

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
If all the tier 1 FastPass is distributed then you choose three tier 2 passes instead. Some people who aren't interested in those two rides might prefer booking three others anyway.

I know I wouldn't be upset with getting RnRC, ToT, and Midway Mania (all currently Tier 2). It will be interesting to see what happens when both Rise and MMRR move to the FastPass system. Will they get ride of the Tiers altogether at HS? Will MF:SR move to Tier 2 (and keep SDD, Rise, and MMRR at Tier 1 for a while?) I guess the same questions could be asked about Epcot once Rat and GotG are available to FP... In a perfect world, they will realize that each park has enough E-tickets that they can drop the tier system, but I'm doubting that is what actually happens...

Chip Chipperson

This explains why I was having trouble viewing my plans earlier when I was trying to set our room preferences for our OKW online check-in. I assume everyone with tickets or Annual Passes that plans to be in the area when the FastPasses are changing has been slamming the site trying to book Smuggler's Run.

For me, I'm just hoping it makes it easier for my group to get Slinky and another Toy Story FastPass in November. We're going with some of my wife's family and there are some huge Toy Story fans in that bunch who haven't even seen the land yet, let alone had the chance to ride any of the rides there. If this works out for us and the new restaurant is open by that time, then they should have a blast on our trip. I also really want to ride both Galaxy's Edge rides, but we go more often than they do because we have DVC and Annual Passes, so I'm willing to be patient and ride those another time. If we luck out and hit the land while wait times are unusually low for either ride, then that's just a bonus (but not one I'm counting on or even expecting so soon after the land's opening).

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
So I logged back on through the app and got a pop up that apologized that FP+ selections were not available and proceeded to try and it worked faster than before. Smugglers Run FP obtained.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
The app is letting me book new fastpasses but not modify or replace existing ones. I can see MF is gone for the 19th and 20th already, if there are any left for my trip Feb 21-23, I imagine they’ll be gone before we are allowed back in. Seems those with existing FP plans are out of luck for now.

Edit- the website is letting me modify now, but showing no availability for any of the old tier ones, not sure if they are all actually gone (they were all available except Slinky and MF for the 19th and 20th a few minutes ago) or if my account is still locking me out because I have a former tier on ToT FP already.

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

The app is letting me book new fastpasses but not modify or replace existing ones. I can see MF is gone for the 19th and 20th already, if there are any left for my trip Feb 21-23, I imagine they’ll be gone before we are allowed back in. Seems those with existing FP plans are out of luck for now.

Still some left in the afternoon on 2/23. Log in to MDE on a computer if you can.

UNCgolf

I wonder what people will miss by doing the FastPass queue. I assume it will skip the whole preshow? Anything else?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom