Fastpass availibity once at the park

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have never had any trouble securing day-of FastPasses for my spur of the moment trips to any of the parks. There are people on this site that will claim to their death that its impossible, but unless you're going during peak times, you'll almost always get lucky. It is extremely possible to use more than your initial allotment of three.

I think the issue is what types of fastpasses? And do you have to stalk the kioks to get anything other than muppet vision?

It’s not an easy system. For every person who says it’s impossible, there is one who is 15 hours a day, fastpass psychotic (aka completely clueless on how to relax) that balances it out.

I’d say truth is in the middle range.

eb3257

We are a family of 4 and went last Nov and it was pretty crowded (either 7 or 8 on crowd calendars each day). I think we ended up using 7 Fastpasses at MK although the options were limited (we picked up things like Dumbo, Barnstormer, Buzz, etc). In Epcot we used 7 there too I think and lucked out on getting one for test track while the others were for Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, etc.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Its literally the easiest system in the world to use. The problem is people are too lazy to put any effort into it. Download the damn MDX app and go from there. There is no need to run back and forth to kiosk like a loon grabbing them. Sorry but you're not going to convince me the system itself sucks. Now I'll harp all day about why I think its ridiculous some rides have FPs that shouldn't but thats another story

Sorry...I’m not talking “ease of use”...sorry for the mixup.

I’m talking the “ease” of getting the value out of your ticket by using the system to have reasonable waits. 3 rides a day isn’t a value...and what the prebook system has done to the standby lines is horrible.

The system allowed bookings on a slate of rides that honestly can’t handle the crowd comfortably. It’s close to the 2001 ride slate with the 2018 crowd. There’s no mystery as to why at this point.

MinnieWaffles

I think the issue is what types of fastpasses? And do you have to stalk the kioks to get anything other than muppet vision?

It’s not an easy system. For every person who says it’s impossible, there is one who is 15 hours a day, fastpass psychotic (aka completely clueless on how to relax) that balances it out.

I’d say truth is in the middle range.

Sorry...I’m not talking “ease of use”...sorry for the mixup.

I’m talking the “ease” of getting the value out of your ticket by using the system to have reasonable waits. 3 rides a day isn’t a value...and what the prebook system has done to the standby lines is horrible.

The system allowed bookings on a slate of rides that honestly can’t handle the crowd comfortably. It’s close to the 2001 ride slate with the 2018 crowd. There’s no mystery as to why at this point.

You need to calm down, it's just a theme park.

analise

Original Poster
You need to contribute something semi-meaningful...

And I’m never not “calm”...the keyboard does not convey emotions (other than disbelief and annoyance)
A theme park that’s super expensive & most families would like to get their moneys worth. Not all of us are millionaires. We’ve saved up for this vacation. I don’t think I’m being unreasonable in wanting to be able to ride more than 3 rides & to ride the rides I want. I’ve used the old fastpass system & it worked out well. This new one just seems like it won’t work out well for us. I’ve been looking at fastpasses & honestly there’s hardly anything available. The popular ones & regular ones. I’m pretty bummed actually because we hardly got any fastpasses that we wanted. And we were able to 60 days out.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A theme park that’s super expensive & most families would like to get their moneys worth. Not all of us are millionaires. We’ve saved up for this vacation. I don’t think I’m being unreasonable in wanting to be able to ride more than 3 rides & to ride the rides I want. I’ve used the old fastpass system & it worked out well. This new one just seems like it won’t work out well for us. I’ve been looking at fastpasses & honestly there’s hardly anything available. The popular ones & regular ones. I’m pretty bummed actually because we hardly got any fastpasses that we wanted. And we were able to 60 days out.

You don’t have to convince me.

But I’ve been on both sides of the equation and I’ve been on both sides of the name tag.

It cost a lot no matter what you’re personal situation is...so it shouldn’t be disappointing. I always try to be respectful of that. There are many who are sanctimonious about this.

“Fine...charge more so I have to deal with less people. Great for me!”

1. That’s stupid and they sound low class...
2. It erodes the value and may damage it for all of us down the road.

I know you’re major stressing this trip...but you seem to be bright enough to figure it out and still have a good time. The best piece of advice is you have to relax...don’t think about the cost (it will ruin it) and don’t worry about it being “memorable”, besides it will be only if you let it flow and try to take it in on your terms.

Which fastpasses where you trying to get? There are a couple of tactics to get around that we could help with?

analise

Original Poster
You don’t have to convince me.

But I’ve been on both sides of the equation and I’ve been on both sides of the name tag.

It cost a lot no matter what you’re personal situation is...so it shouldn’t be disappointing. I always try to be respectful of that. There are many who are sanctimonious about this.

“Fine...charge more so I have to deal with less people. Great for me!”

1. That’s stupid and they sound low class...
2. It erodes the value and may damage it for all of us down the road.

I know you’re major stressing this trip...but you seem to be bright enough to figure it out and still have a good time. The best piece of advice is you have to relax...don’t think about the cost (it will ruin it) and don’t worry about it being “memorable”, besides it will be only if you let it flow and try to take it in on your terms.

Which fastpasses where you trying to get? There are a couple of tactics to get around that we could help with?
Lol sorry I meant to address the other comment with that reply , not yours.

I was not able to get any FP to FOP, Mine Train, Soarin, heck even the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor was gone. I guess I’m just really disappointed. I’ve used fastpass before. We went in the summer & we still managed to get fastpasses to everything we wanted. This time we’re going in October & I’m not happy that we couldn’t get what we wanted. I mean we were able to book fpasses 60 days out so I’m surprised. Unpleasantly surprised with new FP system.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Lol sorry I meant to address the other comment with that reply , not yours.

I was not able to get any FP to FOP, Mine Train, Soarin, heck even the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor was gone. I guess I’m just really disappointed. I’ve used fastpass before. We went in the summer & we still managed to get fastpasses to everything we wanted. This time we’re going in October & I’m not happy that we couldn’t get what we wanted. I mean we were able to book fpasses 60 days out so I’m surprised. Unpleasantly surprised with new FP system.

You’re sticking to a stick preplanned daily schedule? Is that based on hours and fireworks?

If that’s the case...it’s a bit counterintuitive.

Are you staying in a Disney hotel...I Yes then you can navigate it.

analise

Original Poster
You’re sticking to a stick preplanned daily schedule? Is that based on hours and fireworks?

If that’s the case...it’s a bit counterintuitive.

Are you staying in a Disney hotel...I Yes then you can navigate it.
Yes we’re staying at the movies resort.
I had a plan in mind for the morning through about 2pm. After that I’d figure we’d parkhop. And yes we do want to see the nighttime fireworks & entertainment like Fantasmic & Rivers of Light I think it’s called.

Br’er Rabbit

I can get like 12 fastpasses in a day. I make the first 3 early in the morning and then get a fastpass for the earliest time and as soon as I use that I grab another and so on.

You might not be able to get the biggest rides like Soarin but for any less popular attraction it’s really easy.

Touchdown

It works best in MK because of how many FP rides there are but you can do it in all 4 parks. Heck Feb last year my brother and I got back to back to back Toy Story FPs mid afternoon at DHS. We literally simply went out the exit and back into the FP line again (our window started 15 min after booking) we could have done the ride a 4th time but our arms were too sore.

If I open MK with 7D, Peter Pan and Splash FPs, I usually have no problem snagging Space, BTMRR, Pirates or Mansion, and Pooh FPs (booked in that order) for later that day. The key is booking as soon as you can, and getting as early a window as you can.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I can get like 12 fastpasses in a day. I make the first 3 early in the morning and then get a fastpass for the earliest time and as soon as I use that I grab another and so on.

You might not be able to get the biggest rides like Soarin but for any less popular attraction it’s really easy.

You mean the one without the lines??

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes we’re staying at the movies resort.
I had a plan in mind for the morning through about 2pm. After that I’d figure we’d parkhop. And yes we do want to see the nighttime fireworks & entertainment like Fantasmic & Rivers of Light I think it’s called.

Skip rivers of light...like really...

Fantasmic is the exact same for 19 years...but I get that one.

Anyway...absolutely go for the EMH mornings...you can easily pickup mine train and soarin that way. Avatar is tougher.

Remember: it’s only the standby line during early mornings...no fastpasses are booked until the regular opening time.

That’s the key...go hard early and then ease off during the day.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom