Fastpass + Attraction Selection

Midforum

Original Poster
I just booked my Fastpass + selections for November at Hollywood Studios and only Toy Story, Star Tours, Rock' N 'Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror were selectable. There were not any others that were not selectable because they were full. Why would there be only 4 attractions available for that time?

Weather_Lady

I just booked my Fastpass + selections for November at Hollywood Studios and only Toy Story, Star Tours, Rock' N 'Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror were selectable. There were not any others that were not selectable because they were full. Why would there be only 4 attractions available for that time?

Hmm... that's odd. At least they offered you the four most popular attractions, but I wonder why nothing else was shown as available.

Tom

Beta Return

Likely because all the time slots had been booked. This is only the beginning...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
From what I have been told, FP+ spots are released on a staggered schedule. Availability might show up at 30, 15, 7, etc days out. However, the attractions you listed are the only attraction you really need FP for. All the others are shows and dark rides where the wait is fairly minimal on all but the busiest days.

Midforum

Original Poster
I saw what booked/full attractions looked like when we did this in August. This is not the same screens. The only other one that I booked in August and want to do again is Fantasmic. I will keep checking. Thanks!

Sassagoula-Rvr

Alright I'm a little confused...we're going over Thanksgiving...but I don't believe we have opted into any test...do I need to be booking these?!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Alright I'm a little confused...we're going over Thanksgiving...but I don't believe we have opted into any test...do I need to be booking these?!
No. Regular fastpass will still be available at that time. However, if you could opt in (you need to be staying at a Disney resort) I would as you will be able to select fireworks viewing as one of your FP+ options.

javy2004

my guess is bc the show schedules aren't set for the other attractions and you couldn't select anything else for that reason. my advice is to just pick your fp+ selection now. you can change them easily online or with the smartphone app when something becomes available.

ddrongowski

The reason? Well they have to limit how many FP+ are issued, and with people getting them 60+ days prior to arrival, they are going to picked over. It's no different than the present FP paper ticket system. Those have a limited amount of slots issued also (why I never have been able to get a TSMM FP).

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The reason? Well they have to limit how many FP+ are issued, and with people getting them 60+ days prior to arrival, they are going to picked over. It's no different than the present FP paper ticket system. Those have a limited amount of slots issued also (why I never have been able to get a TSMM FP).
Yes, and they are not releasing every fastpass at the 60 day mark.

ddrongowski

Yes, and they are not releasing every fastpass at the 60 day mark.
I need to add this to my prior post. There is one big difference in the present and next gen fp systems. That is I do not have to get into the park at rope drop, and run with the others to get a fastpass with the new system. Once they get rid of the paper fp system, fp will not be only for that that can physically outrun others. It may also have the affect of lowering the amount of people at rope drop (We do not do rope drops).

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm staying at a Disney resort...how do I go about opting in?
Since it is still in testing there is no 100% fool proof way as not every resort is testing at the same time. The first step would be to start here. If you can not get anywhere from the link call Disney and see what options you have.

Rob562

Another possibility (pure speculation on my part): perhaps Disney projects low crowd levels on those days and has decided not to operate FP+ on the attractions that won't need it.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom