Fastpass+ and In-Park Fast Passes?

Princess_Minnie

Original Poster
We have Fastpass+ set up for each day of our trip and I understand how it works, but my question is can we get additional Fastpasses in the parks on the day of our trip? I've looked for this answer in other places but can't seem to find it.

If we have a Fastpass+ for a certain attraction in the morning, are there kiosks to get another Fastpass on the fly in the park or are you now limited to only your Fastpass+ reservations and can't get anymore for the days of your trip once you get there?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
We have Fastpass+ set up for each day of our trip and I understand how it works, but my question is can we get additional Fastpasses in the parks on the day of our trip? I've looked for this answer in other places but can't seem to find it.

If we have a Fastpass+ for a certain attraction in the morning, are there kiosks to get another Fastpass on the fly in the park or are you now limited to only your Fastpass+ reservations and can't get anymore for the days of your trip once you get there?
The reason it's hard to find an answer is because Disney is keeping this very close to the vest.

First, you will only be able to get legacy FPs if you are issued a room key that has a magnetic strip. The RFID only KTTW cards nor the Magicbands will work with the legacy system. Disney has already blacked out legacy FPs for some resorts (Pop Century, for certain). There's literally nothing but their own time-frame preventing them from doing it to other resorts at the drop of a hat.

Second, it also depends on the park you visit. Currently, legacy FP is no longer active at Animal Kingdom. Once their test there is complete (probably soon after the holidays), again, nothing but their own time-frame prevents them from moving this policy on to other parks.

Hope this helps!

Tom

Beta Return
The reason it's hard to find an answer is because Disney is keeping this very close to the vest.

First, you will only be able to get legacy FPs if you are issued a room key that has a magnetic strip. The RFID only KTTW cards nor the Magicbands will work with the legacy system. Disney has already blacked out legacy FPs for some resorts (Pop Century, for certain). There's literally nothing but their own time-frame preventing them from doing it to other resorts at the drop of a hat.

Second, it also depends on the park you visit. Currently, legacy FP is no longer active at Animal Kingdom. Once their test there is complete (probably soon after the holidays), again, nothing but their own time-frame prevents them from moving this policy on to other parks.

Hope this helps!

The end of legacy FP is imminent, since they just filed permits to start removing the old machines. :(

GrumpyFan

You can go to the kiosks located in the parks and try to get additional Fastpasses. Availability will be dependent on the crowd levels in the park on the day of your visit, which is why you should try and select them before you arrive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom