fastest way to Hoop de Doo from Beach Club?

verybusymom40

Hi Everybody,
Just sitting here going over every little detail of our August trip. We'll be going from the Beach Club to Hoop de Doo Revue one night. Just wondering if it would be quicker to get a taxi. We'll definately be going from the hotel because I have a nap scheduled for everybody beforehand. (I know it may not happen, but I can schedule it that way) I was just thinking the bus trip may just be too long. Any thoughts? Thanks

Justa' BigKid

A taxi might be the best, but I would bus to the Magic Kingdom and then grab the ferry to the Hoop-de-do. We took the bus all the way to the hoop-de-do the first time we went and it seemed to take forever.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

You will need at least an hour's head start if not more should you choose to go by bus. When we stayed at the Boardwalk Inn last August the bus service was very slow & very crowded. You could take the bus to the MK then the boat to the WL/Fort Wilderness. We ended up driving ourselves around. The taxi shouldn't be that expensive and will probably be quicker. :wave:

Upvote 0

verybusymom40

Original Poster
Thanks,
Taking the ferry from the MK sounds good, but after the 7:15 show, does it work as well in reverse? Taking the ferry to MK, then the bus to Beach Club? According to the calendar, MK closes at 10:00. Would we be heading into a traffic jam? I mean the people waiting for buses back to the resorts.
Thanks again!

Upvote 0

tigsmom

You should have enough time to return before the park closes. If its too crowded when you get back to the gate go to the TTC and hop a bus there.

Upvote 0

Chape19714

Contact the Front Desk upon arrival, because if there is enough demand, Disney will often run direct buses from resorts to Pioneer Hall (the hoop-dee-doo). Sometimes it is just for the return trip. If not, try taking Ft. Wilderness Transportaion to Downtown Disney to avoid traffic (this requires some transfering within Ft. Wilderness, PM me if you want specifics!)

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

verybusymom40

Original Poster
Thanks again! I'll be sure to check with the front desk when we arrive. That would sure make it easier if they had a direct bus for the show. We have a 3 year old, a 13 year old, and a 19 year old(who thinks he knows everything)with us for this trip. I'm really surprised the oldest still wants to vacation with the family. So, taking into consideration my children, their temperments, and my patience, I think I'll call a cab. Thanks everybody, Kris:)

Upvote 0

ypcat

If you're looking for the absolute quickest way, you will want a taxi. The other routes mentioned will get you there, but plan on an hour travel time.

tigsmom said:
You should have enough time to return before the park closes. If its too crowded when you get back to the gate go to the TTC and hop a bus there.

The problem with that is busses from TTC do not go back to the resorts, only to the parks.

Upvote 0

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
If we know we're going to Hoop-de-doo (as we are this year), we usually plan on spending the part of the day right before at MK. That way, it's a ferry ride away.

Return trips have gotten easier...they do dedicated buses straight from pioneer hall back to most of the resorts. They used to stop at all the stops on the way out and you'd have to share with other hotels, but now they're a straight shot.

That's the easiest way in and out....unless you rent a car. However, if you rent a car, you still need a mode of transportation from parking to pioneer hall (ie bus)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom