Fast Passes not used

Yellow Shoes

Original Poster
Let's say I get a FP for my Dad and me, but at the last minute he decides he doesn't want to go. It seems to me that I have 2 FPs for that attraction in that time frame. If I use "mine," can I then use "his?" I thought that all the FPs were linked on each wristband. Would I need to use my band, then use his?

And before you get out the knives--you cannot believe what a rule-following first-born I am. (Check previous posts about pool hopping and re-using refillable mugs--back when those were a thing)

I just want to maximize the "value" of the FP.

nickys

Premium Member
Technically against the rules.

You would have to use his MB to access his FP+.

This. ^^^^^^

The small print says bands are not interchangeable. And they closed a loophole a couple of years ago, so that you have to scan in to enter a park to use FPs (well, you can use them, you’ll just find your MDE is locked).

However, there is no problem if he is in the park. Just swap bands. CMs aren’t going to mind - if they ask, just have him say “I don’t feel like riding”. I very much doubt anyone will stop you, although technically they could.

Some people will say this is cheating (*). The alternative is to have him just tap in and not enter the line, if you want to be able to continue to make subsequent FPs together without having to jump through hoops.

* There again, some people think using MDE to book FPs for friends is cheating. Even though MDE allows it. Or indeed one person told me that booking FPs for the whole of my stay was cheating, because it was more than 10 days. You can actually book for 14 days, and then for day 15 the next day, and so on. But that apparently was cheating. So ignore them - literally!

nickys

Premium Member
I’m curious what they’d do in this case. I’m sure someone’s tried.

They closed the loophole 2 summers ago. Basically, although you can usually use those FPs, the MDE account of the person who’s band has been used “illegally” is locked, preventing them from accessing any functions. So you have to do a walk of shame to Guest Services to plead your case, get a lecture and get it unlocked - for the first offence. There were a few reports from brave souls admitting to that! Presumably they could refuse to unlock an account for a repeat offender.

Yellow Shoes

Original Poster
Ok--that is fishy and something I'd never do.
But my situation is that both of us are in the park (so we are "accounted for") and one chooses not to use a FP.

disneygeek90

Ok--that is fishy and something I'd never do.
But my situation is that both of us are in the park (so we are "accounted for") and one chooses not to use a FP.
It's fine, imo. We had a large group this past May with fastpasses all over the place and I gave my band to my little cousin so she could ride with her mom. Everyone was in the park, no harm done.

ninjaprincesst

The first time I did it was on the advice of a cast member, my parents did not want to ride 7DMT the cast member suggested trading bands so my daughter and I could ride twice.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I've heard tell of an instance where one person was riding a ride twice and the other person was in a completely different park. Recently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom