Fast passes for those staying on site ONLY?

MickeyPeace

Original Poster
I just read on another site that this is the plan. Any truth to the rumor? Very soon only those staying on property will be given the fast pass option.

Tom

Beta Return
I just read on another site that this is the plan. Any truth to the rumor? Very soon only those staying on property will be given the fast pass option.

Only on-site guests will be using Magic Bands. However, RFID ticket media will still be issued and accepted for some time (as I understand it). I'm not sure if FP+ will be associated with Magic Bands/Resort Stays, or simply with Ticket Media.

It would not surprise me if FP+ becomes a "perk" of staying on property though.

Timekeeper

Are there any statistics that support the proposition that locals, APs and TMs feel "screwed" when they visit Universal? Universal collects a lot of guest feedback data, and this doesn't seem to be a big issue at the forefront of discussion for them.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
So, three questions come to mind: How reliable is the poster? What is their track record? From what source did the information come?

From the text in the post, it sounds like the poster is removed from the source. Perhaps a third hand account. I hear the telephone game can be a great deal of fun.

If someone reading has been reading a few of the 300+ page threads on WDWMagic, they could have just been referring to that. Many a conversation waiting in line is sparked when overhearing tantalizing speculation. If I hear something from one of our "insiders", I'll be more likely to buy in.

If accurate, is it really surprising? No.

I'll Need independent confirmation.

I read that same article and I believe that the situation is not clear either way

I agree with PhotoDave....

*1023*

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Are there any statistics that support the proposition that locals, APs and TMs feel "screwed" when they visit Universal? Universal collects a lot of guest feedback data, and this doesn't seem to be a big issue at the forefront of discussion for them.
The difference if true (which I doubt) is that Disney would be taking FP away from people. At Universal it has never been free to all guests.

Only on-site guests will be using Magic Bands. However, RFID ticket media will still sued and accepted for some time (as I understand it). I'm not sure if FP+ will be associated with Magic Bands/Resort Stays, or simply with Ticket Media.

It would not surprise me if FP+ becomes a "perk" of staying on property though.

Are magic bands out yet? We are going this month and was wondering if we will be given a magic band or will the card still be given out?

mickeysaver

If this holds true, I am going to be extremely disappointed. I have avoided asking for a GAC in the past, but I would be forced to do so if I am shut out of FP access as a FL AP holder. I do have qualifying issues, but have always made do with well planned FP usage. I really hate having to create work for someone, just because they are doing away with a tool that, IMO, every ticket holder should have access to in the parks. This preplanned FP+ thing sounds like a negative PR nightmare among the locals, if they follow through with this plan.

Lisalyn

This is all over Facebook and quite honestly, I'm very disappointed IF it's true. The article says by end of September this year. WTH??? I understand no EMH for not staying on property. However, I am paying almost $600 for my daughter and I to go 4 days on property to the parks. I should be allowed to use FP for that much flipping money! I'm a bit aggravated right now over the fact that this potentially could be true....

Goofyernmost

The difference if true (which I doubt) is that Disney would be taking FP away from people. At Universal it has never been free to all guests.
It's not so much that they might charge offsite people for a version of FP+. That would probably be a solution that even though not universally (tee hee) liked would be eventually accepted with very little real concern. If, however, they don't provide some way for offsite Guests to participate, I do believe it will affect WDW greatly. I know I am just one person but I know that my 43 past trips will end right at that point. I might not even purchase one, but I must, for my peace of mind, have it available and not be completely excluded with no way in to the system other then onsite residence.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
This is all over Facebook and quite honestly, I'm very disappointed IF it's true. The article says by end of September this year. WTH??? I understand no EMH for not staying on property. However, I am paying almost $600 for my daughter and I to go 4 days on property to the parks. I should be allowed to use FP for that much flipping money! I'm a bit aggravated right now over the fact that this potentially could be true....
No way this is rolled out by October 1st. People have invitations to test FP+ for the month of October.

JimboJones123

If the total number of Fastpass+ are limitef to about 1/4 the number of Fastpasses given out now, I say farewell Fastpass.

There are simply too many Fastpasses given out for Sorin, Peter Pan, Pooh and a few others to make the standby queue work at all.

If Fastpass goes and the Fastpass+ is an incentive for on site guests and still limited to 3 per day, and at a much lower distribution rate , I would be thrilled. In fact, I cannot see too many folks being too upset with it.

Bolt

Wow- all over Facebook? Must have a lot of insider friends...

Also- thank you for using larger font to emphasize your point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom