Fast Pass system - how does it work.

Newbie4985

Original Poster
Good day all
I'm new to this forum and have not been at Disney in a while . I've never used fast pass at Disney but have used Universals pass system in 2009
How does fast pass work at Disney ?

Thank you

Jim

Rob562

Good day all
I'm new to this forum and have not been at Disney in a while . I've never used fast pass at Disney but have used Universals pass system in 2009
How does fast pass work at Disney ?

Thank you

Jim

That's a pretty broad question that would require a very involved answer. (Disney guidebooks dedicate entire chapters to the subject) You should probably do some reading first.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagicplus.htm
Especially down in the "More Information" section.

-Rob

Newbie4985

Original Poster
Rob
With all due respect this sounds like a mess i.e when I walked into Universal back in 2009 and saw their system I didn't need a tutorial. I paid 20 bucks got bumped to the front of the line , it saved us hrs and we had no issues , no long lines . Sounds like Disney has a problem .

nickys

Premium Member
Well it depends what your question really is. Is it "how do I use it in the park?" - like is there a separate line, how do I get into the fastpass line etc. Or is it "how do I book them, how do I get more"?

It's something you need to read up on, but once you know the basics it's not that hard to grasp. Honestly! :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Rob
With all due respect this sounds like a mess i.e when I walked into Universal back in 2009 and saw their system I didn't need a tutorial. I paid 20 bucks got bumped to the front of the line , it saved us hrs and we had no issues , no long lines . Sounds like Disney has a problem .
Universal's system only works because a finite number of people can get it. If you want free for everyone, then have to deal with a few rules.

Disney's system is also not that complicated.

You will need to install the MDE app on your phone or go to their website and make an account. Once you do that you can link your tickets to your account.

If you are staying at a Disney resort you can make fast pass reservations 60 days in advance. If you are staying off property, that window is reduced 30 days.

You will be able to make up to 3 fast pass reservations for one park per day. Once you use all three fast passes you can make additional fast passes, one at a time, for any park you choose.

You can modify your choices at anytime, based on availability.

When it is time for you to ride, you simply scan your ticket or magic band to gain entry to the fast pass line.

Rob562

Rob

Universal's system only works because a finite number of people can get it. If you want free for everyone, then have to deal with a few rules.

Universal's Express Pass also changes depending on the level of pass and what date you're visiting the park. A pass that gets you in the Express Line once per ride but only in one park ranges from $60-$160 depending on anticipated crowd sizes by Universal. Want one that works for both parks that day? Add another $10-$20.

Want to be able to use Express an unlimited number of times? $80-$190 per day. Both parks? Again, add another $10-$20.

And those prices are *per person* and *per day*. For a family that adds up quickly.

At Disney, you can pre-book three attractions, knowing that you'll definitely get on those rides that day. And that's free for everyone. So, are you looking to shell out a bunch of cash for access at Universal? Or accept the "limitations" of the free system at Disney?

I think the main points that can cause confusion with Disney's FP+ system are attraction tiers at some of the parks, and if the user has zero technical experience and the thought of installing an app and logging in are too daunting a proposition for them. (If my mother were still alive, she'd be in trouble trying to do it herself)

-Rob

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
With the current crowd levels, FP+ is not an optional perk if you want to ride three headliners. Remember to make your FP+ selections at the 60 day point if you're staying in a Disney resort or at the 30 day point if you're not. Headliners can and do get booked up two months out, so don't dilly-dally on those FP+ selections!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom