Fast Pass - Slinky Rollercoaster is impossible!

ctcdisneymama

Holy cow! I was online at the start time ready to make our fast passes for the new slinky rollercoaster and they were already sold out. Did this happen to anyone else?

For those that have waited in line for the coaster, how bad is it if we go to that ride first thing in the morning?

Tinkerbella16

Yup, our FP day was yesterday and we got everything except SDD. Our DHS day is the 3rd day of our trip so I was already nervous that we wouldn't be able to get it. We are just going to get there for rope drop and head to it first thing that morning. We did get Alien Swirling Saucers and I will be checking everyday to see if SDD opens up.

Upvote 0

Nottamus

you're not kidding!

Window opened today, and they were mostly gone in under a minute! managed to get one for late in trip.

I always wonder just how many people are waiting at their PC the same morning as me, waiting to pounce on FPs.

Upvote 0

SuperStretccch

You just have to keep checking, including while you're at the park. On the app, when you're on the FP selection screen, just keep tapping the time button at the top and it will refresh. That's how I finally got to do Flight of Passage for the first time.

I saw a couple of Slinky Dog FPs on my trip last week, but didn't take them because the times didn't work with my plans. Several popped up throughout the day for Alien as well.

Upvote 0

MickeyCB

You just have to keep checking, including while you're at the park. On the app, when you're on the FP selection screen, just keep tapping the time button at the top and it will refresh. That's how I finally got to do Flight of Passage for the first time.

I saw a couple of Slinky Dog FPs on my trip last week, but didn't take them because the times didn't work with my plans. Several popped up throughout the day for Alien as well.
Hi, question, I was wondering what you mean by tapping the time button at the top? Do you hit the time that you want to see if a SDD FP opens up? Thanks

Upvote 0

SuperStretccch

Hi, question, I was wondering what you mean by tapping the time button at the top? Do you hit the time that you want to see if a SDD FP opens up? Thanks

Yes, and if you want to refresh the results, just tap that same button again. You can keep on refreshing throughout the day until something shows up. Of course, it's not guaranteed you'll get it, but the more you check, the more likely it is.

It's like a game of patience, determination, and some luck. It's a good way to try and get other hard FPs too, I managed to get same-day SDMT last week.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Remember that if you already have a tier 1 FP, you will need to be trying to modify that FP in order to see any available FPs for other tier 1 rides. And MDE will not show you FP times that conflict with any other ones you still have.

If you are looking for Slinky and already have an FP for either Aliens or TSMM, you will need to modify that FP to see Slinky FPs.

Ditto for FoP and you already have Navii, you will need to modify the Navii FP to see any times for FoP.

Same goes for the Epcot tier 1 rides / m&g.

You won’t lose the original until you confirm that you want the new one.

Upvote 0

Dave B

you're not kidding!

Window opened today, and they were mostly gone in under a minute! managed to get one for late in trip.

I always wonder just how many people are waiting at their PC the same morning as me, waiting to pounce on FPs.
What time were you up and trying?

Upvote 0

Nottamus

Started right at the 7am eastern mark, but turns out it was the day that the app was having issues. So I lost a few minutes to that.
I did manage on PC though.

Upvote 0

The4mousekeeters

Just leaving a 4 day trip - we were able to ride SDD 3 tines - standby all 3. Never waited longer than 30 minutes. The queue moves very quickly. Always posted at 45 min++ wait but never that long. Rope dropped one day and even with sea of people we were one within 25 minutes. Good luck and o hope you get a chance to ride it. Nighttime is wonderful for it!!!! 😊

Upvote 0

ctcdisneymama

Original Poster
Just leaving a 4 day trip - we were able to ride SDD 3 tines - standby all 3. Never waited longer than 30 minutes. The queue moves very quickly. Always posted at 45 min++ wait but never that long. Rope dropped one day and even with sea of people we were one within 25 minutes. Good luck and o hope you get a chance to ride it. Nighttime is wonderful for it!!!! 😊

Awesome this made me feel so much better. I was fearful this would be like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and was so worried when we didn't get SDD FP.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom