Fast Pass+ Question

I have been to DW 20+ times but never will small children. March of 2019, we are taking our son & daughter who will be 2 and 4 for the first time!! My question is about tickets/fast pass. I know my son will not get a 'ticket', but is he going to have a fast pass option? And if he does have the fast pass, can I use my children's fast passes on a bigger ride that my husband & I will ride? For instance, at Hollywood Studios, I would do 2 fast passes for all 4 of us for Alien Saucers & Frozen Sing Along. Then could I use my husband & daughters' for the 2 adults to ride 'Tower' and then mine & my son's for us to ride 'Aerosmith'?

JIMINYCR

Also when you get to the FP+ check in they scan your MB to verify who you are and your FP+ info so you couldnt use another persons FP+. Early on in the FP process, guests were arranging FP's they knew family members wouldnt use, swapping family members bands to try to get extra rides on the more popular rides.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Also when you get to the FP+ check in they scan your MB to verify who you are and your FP+ info so you couldnt use another persons FP+. Early on in the FP process, guests were arranging FP's they knew family members wouldnt use, swapping family members bands to try to get extra rides on the more popular rides.

It’s fine to swap bands with someone else who is in the park with you. So if little Ellie decides she doesn’t want to ride BTMR, then big brother Jay can take her band and ride.

But if Grandma is back at the resort sleeping, you can’t take her magic band with you and use it to ride in her place. That will likely get the MDE account (Grandma’s or whoever manages her via MDE) locked and a walk of shame to GS to get it unlocked.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

It’s fine to swap bands with someone else who is in the park with you. So if little Ellie decides she doesn’t want to ride BTMR, then big brother Jay can take her band and ride.

But if Grandma is back at the resort sleeping, you can’t take her magic band with you and use it to ride in her place. That will likely get the MDE account (Grandma’s or whoever manages her via MDE) locked and a walk of shame to GS to get it unlocked.

Then maybe CM's are deciding to enforce or not enforce the usage. I saw on my last trip in May on several different rides guests using someone elses MB for a FP+ time and were denied because the name showing up on the screen did not match the gender of the guest trying to use it and they were turned away. My DW is in a w/c and cannot gain access to many of the attractions I enjoy. Therefore on my next trip according to you, I can load all the prime FP+ choices on her band and use hers to get multiple rides???

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Then maybe CM's are deciding to enforce or not enforce the usage. I saw on my last trip in May on several different rides guests using someone elses MB for a FP+ time and were denied because the name showing up on the screen did not match the gender of the guest trying to use it and they were turned away. My DW is in a w/c and cannot gain access to many of the attractions I enjoy. Therefore on my next trip according to you, I can load all the prime FP+ choices on her band and use hers to get multiple rides???

Interesting. Maybe they are clamping down then. To date they really haven’t cared who’s name shows up, even though technically the magic bands aren’t transferable. So they are within their rights to do so.

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

It would be interesting to me if they were trying to verify by gender. It seems like a dangerous line to walk. My son has glorious long hair and is frequently mistaken for a girl. He corrects them, but who’s to say that the long haired kid in the princess dress isn’t named George? Or the person presenting as a man isn’t named Penelope. I would be very surprised if Disney decided to try that.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

It would be interesting to me if they were trying to verify by gender. It seems like a dangerous line to walk. My son has glorious long hair and is frequently mistaken for a girl. He corrects them, but who’s to say that the long haired kid in the princess dress isn’t named George? Or the person presenting as a man isn’t named Penelope. I would be very surprised if Disney decided to try that.

Well maybe my using the term gender wasnt exact. The guys trying to get in were defenitely male looking and I heard the CM say in one case ... youre not Maryanne and in another said I dont think you are using your MB cause it says this FP is for Brianna.

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

Well maybe my using the term gender wasnt exact. The guys trying to get in were defenitely male looking and I heard the CM say in one case ... youre not Maryanne and in another said I dont think you are using your MB cause it says this FP is for Brianna.
But what if the person says “yeah. I’m Brianna.” Is the CM going to ask for ID? I’m female and present as female, but have a stereotypically male name. If the CMs question me I will certainly be having words with a manager in customer service.
I’ll have to keep my ears out next time we go.

Upvote 0

yensid67

In this time of being politically correct and non discriminatory era...you are damned if ya do and damned if ya don't! Too many people are just looking for ways to get something from the companies for discrimination or sue for defamation! Too much screwing the systems over all...not pointing fingers at anyone, but if you are a guy and could pass for a girl and they ask for ID, that is not discrimination! If you are a guy that has long hair and could pass for a girl, that is your doing and should expect being questioned! That is no need to sue or scream discrimination!

Upvote 0

MomofPrincessGrace

But what if the person says “yeah. I’m Brianna.” Is the CM going to ask for ID? I’m female and present as female, but have a stereotypically male name. If the CMs question me I will certainly be having words with a manager in customer service.
I’ll have to keep my ears out next time we go.
I don't think the CM would push any farther if the person said that they were whatever name they are claiming. Not only would an argument hold up the line and make others angry, but it is only a FP. I could understand asking for a valid ID if you were trying to use someone elses park ticket, or charging privileges, but a FP, nah thats a waste of everyones time.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
I think there is a difference between simply swapping bands within the family, and just using someone else’s band.

If the family approach a ride to tap in and little Ellie starts to cry and says “but I don’t want to ride, it’s too scary”, a CM isn’t going to worry about letting someone else in the group ride using her band.

On the other hand a bunch of teens approaches a ride and appear to be using other people’s bands might give rise to some suspicions. Like the old ruse of non-Disney “guides” using a bunch of bands to get extra FPs for their guests.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I don't think the CM would push any farther if the person said that they were whatever name they are claiming. Not only would an argument hold up the line and make others angry, but it is only a FP. I could understand asking for a valid ID if you were trying to use someone elses park ticket, or charging privileges, but a FP, nah thats a waste of everyones time.

Well Disney is limiting guests to choosing only 3 FP+, then limiting guests to an additional 1 at a time. You are also restricted from selecting the same attraction FP+ choice multiple times in a day. They are trying to be somewhat fair in regulations in allotting these choices. For someone to use another persons MB and get on say FoP multiple times when everyone else gets 1 ride in a day thats not being fair.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Well Disney is limiting guests to choosing only 3 FP+, then limiting guests to an additional 1 at a time. You are also restricted from selecting the same attraction FP+ choice multiple times in a day. They are trying to be somewhat fair in regulations in allotting these choices. For someone to use another persons MB and get on say FoP multiple times when everyone else gets 1 ride in a day thats not being fair.

Just to clarify, you can ride the same ride multiple times in a day, even using FP. Just not with your initial 3 selections.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Just to clarify, you can ride the same ride multiple times in a day, even using FP. Just not with your initial 3 selections.
Of course you can ride multiple times in a day IF you want to wait 2+ hours in standby line every time. Most people arent going to wait in line for the 2+ hours, then ride, then return for another 2+ hour wait for a second ride. The point I was making was those using multiple guests bands to get an advantge of multiple rides with little waits is unfair.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Of course you can ride multiple times in a day IF you want to wait 2+ hours in standby line every time. Most people arent going to wait in line for the 2+ hours, then ride, then return for another 2+ hour wait for a second ride. The point I was making was those using multiple guests bands to get an advantge of multiple rides with little waits is unfair.

I meant you can make a 4th, and then a 5th, and then a 6th FP for a ride you had an initial FP for.

But I agree with it being unfair to use multiple bands, I’m delighted they closed that loophole. No problem with someone riding in place of little Ellie thoughif she falls asleep or decides she doesn’t want to ride.

Upvote 0

MomofPrincessGrace

For someone to use another persons MB and get on say FoP multiple times when everyone else gets 1 ride in a day thats not being fair.
Regardless, Disney only makes a certain amount of FP slots available at any given time anyway, so its not like Sarah is taking up any extra time by using Katie's FP because only 1 of them would able to take that spot in line. Say Disney had 50 FP slots available for FoP, Sarah grabs one, as does Katie. Time comes to ride, and Katie doesn't want to ride. Sarah uses her MagicBand to ride again. Even with Sarah using both MB's, there were only 2 slots used that were going to be used by them both anyway. Plus, even if you were in line behind Sarah for the first time she used the MB, you would be in front of her/already ridden the ride by the time she gets back in line to ride again. So ultimately, with Katie not riding, there was one less person in front of you in line.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom