Fast pass for Soarin or Frozen?

BrianV

Original Poster
Since they are both tier 1 I will have to choose. We'll be there in the afternoon / evening so rope drop for 1 of them is not an option.

I guess I'm really wondering whether the third theater has impacted the standby wait for soarin enough to make that viable. I'm sure the Frozen ride will be packed and it has such a limited volume.

Still have a few weeks until fast passes open, but curious what people think.

PinnySmart

I think I would do Frozen. Hopefully, as you mentioned, the 3rd theatre will help lessen wait times for Soarin'. I just feel that when Frozen opens it is going to be a madhouse. It has been rumored that it will be FP+ only when it first opens but have no idea if that will actually be the case.

BrianV

Original Poster
I agree with what everyone is writing. I will go with frozen. I was a bit surprised when I was just playing around with the system and passes are still available for 30 days out. I would have expected it to be like the mine train and sell out close to 60 as it did when it first opened. Made me wonder.

IMFearless

Possibly people haven't yet realised the ride is coming, let alone that it will be extremely popular.

For many people they don't do even the most basic research...

While coming back from Downtown Disney, to Yaught and Beach Club I got talking to a couple who were on their way to Epcot via international gateway. They were talking about their vacation so far and eagerly told me that "we went to Disney World yesterday!"

When I explained to them that they had in fact been in Disney World for the past four days they looked at me in astonishment.

IMFearless

To be fair both with the mine train, and Anna and Elsa (when they were in Epcot) the popularity of the attraction increases the demand for it. When something appears harder to get, people are more keen to go after it all the more. A bit like gold! If it was as rare as sand nobody would be that fussed about it.

If people see other guests seeking an attraction they tend to assume it makes sense for them to do the same. Like the mad dash for Toy Story Mania each morning.

EvilQueen-T

I'd do Frozen, again like others have said it's going to be crazy. I think eventually the 3rd theater will help with the soarin wait time but imo when it first opens everyone will be wanting to see the new show so it may be crazy for a while. Even with that I'd take my chances with soarin and fp frozen.

Retroman40

Go for Frozen - since you'll be there late you can always jump into the Soarin' SB line at 8:59 (if you can forego Illuminations).

We went to Soarin' for a final viewing of "Soarin' over California" yesterday and it didn't appear they were using all three theaters (we got to use the new Concourse C). SB was 70 minutes. Using all three should cut this down.

IMFearless

How do you think the opening of these rides will effect park capacity for the week of june 19-24?

In answer to your specific question, the park itself can absorb any crowd likely to be thrown at it in terms of volume of guests. Epcot is the best designed park in terms of handling foot traffic.

My guess is that Norway will be a zoo, and I think Soarin' although popular will be similar to what it has always been with the extra interest in new film being partially offset by the additional theatre.

I don't think other things will be massively busier than usual.

Weather_Lady

As a Mom, I have to go with "Frozen."

If it were just DH and I, however, it would Soarin' all the way. Frozen is a simple darkride. I can sip a milkshake, turn a fan on my face, and watch the high-def POV videos of it on Youtube after it comes out, and it would almost be like I was right there, plus I'd save myself the hassle of wrangling the neverending-traffic-jam-that-is-going-to-be-Norway-from-now-on. Soarin' provides a more unique and physical firsthand experience, so if it were only up to me, I'd rather use my FP+ on that.

I would say Frozen. The Soarin' que is still insane (upwards of 3hrs since it reopened) BUT the que is inside in the air conditioning. I am not 100% sure the que for Frozen has been expanded BUT if its anything like Mealstrom, the que goes outside pretty quickly. The outdoor que has no shade and it is already consistently 95 degrees out, not to mention the afternoon storms that are going to start rolling in daily soon.

BrianV

Original Poster
I would say Frozen. The Soarin' que is still insane (upwards of 3hrs since it reopened) BUT the que is inside in the air conditioning. I am not 100% sure the que for Frozen has been expanded BUT if its anything like Mealstrom, the que goes outside pretty quickly. The outdoor que has no shade and it is already consistently 95 degrees out, not to mention the afternoon storms that are going to start rolling in daily soon.
Good point about the queue location. Ill be there in August. An indoor wait would be preferable. :)

BiffyClyro

I think I would do Frozen. Hopefully, as you mentioned, the 3rd theatre will help lessen wait times for Soarin'. I just feel that when Frozen opens it is going to be a madhouse. It has been rumored that it will be FP+ only when it first opens but have no idea if that will actually be the case.
FP only? Really? Doesn't that defeat the point of a FP. I'll be ed if they do that.

BiffyClyro

Possibly people haven't yet realised the ride is coming, let alone that it will be extremely popular.

For many people they don't do even the most basic research...

Agreed, but lets be honest.... Disney are going to MAKE people notice a Frozen ride. I can already see the ridiculous amount of advertising billboards on the highways into Orlando.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom