Fast Pass for Lion King?

DSMDGA

Original Poster
Do you need a Fast Pass to get into the Festival of the Lion King shows at Animal Kingdom? If so, have they usually been available as 4th picks after noontime? We'll be there in October. Thanks!

belledream

Doubt it. There is plenty of seating and the set up is like a circle with the show in the middle, so it's not like you'll be shunted off to the edge and not have a good view.

SAV

I didn't need one in June. But there will be a wait involved. I'd say wing it and try to get it as a 4th FP+ later in the day

Nero the dog

In October I think it was rare for any show to be completely full. I don't now if the new location has made any difference to attendance levels or capacity.

DSMDGA

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies. Our window to make Fast Passes opened at midnight, and that was the last thing we were questioning. We didn't use any for shows.

We were able to get everything we wanted in the timeframes we wanted. We had no trouble with Soarin one morning or the mine train on the afternoon of our arrival. I could have booked Anna and Elsa a few days into our stay had we wanted them. I had been able to book dinner at Be Our Guest shortly after the ADR window had opened for us. I'm hoping that all means that the parks won't be too crowded, since we're going during a no free dining plan week.

RonAnnArbor

The new FOTLK has more seating than the old -- but because more people are doing fastpass, you MUST make sure you arrive at the theater at least 30-40 minutes before the show if you want a seat. There are many days in which most of the queue line gets in the show, while there are others (especially the afternoon shows) that the last part of the line gets queued into another holding pen for the following show...especially at peak times during the summer....

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
No you will most likely not need to use up a fast pass on the show. We always go in late fall/Dec and I personally have never seen it full to capacity and we always arrive right before the show starts without a problem. Also now that the show moved into its new building it has even more seating than before so I really think you will be fine. :)

DSMDGA

Original Poster
Thanks everyone!

We plan to go to AK on an early entry morning day and ride Everest before the park opens to general admission. My son and daughter-in-law want to do the safari ride earlier in the morning, so we got a FP+ for that at 9 AM. I think we'll then go to the 10 AM Lion King show standby while we're in that end of the park, and before using the our other FP+s scheduled for 11 AM (Dinosaur) and noon (raft ride for 2 and Everest repeat for 2 "who shall remain dry"). We'll do standby for Tough To Be a Bug, and walk the animal trails and take the train to what used to be called Conservation Station at a leisurely pace. We'll probably finish up with the 3 PM Finding Nemo show. We plan to end the day strolling through Epcot's Food & Wine Festival for dinner.

We've been to Disney World well over 30 times over the past 30 years, but this is the first trip where we had to be so scheduled so far out from our trip. I hope the new system will be worth the loss of spontaneity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom