Fast pass conflict with Extra Magic Hours

Jlow

Original Poster
So newbie here but this has been puzzling me. We are doing single day tickets - 1 day at Epcot, 1 day AK, not hopper pass, so how far out do you know what park has extra magic hours? If I book fp reserves at Epcot one day but then find out AK has extended hours that day we would want to go there but no fp reserves.

Weather_Lady

You can always change your FP+ later, if you decide to go to a different park.

Schedules with projected EMH are usually online from third parties a year out from a given arrival date. Disney releases an initial calendar of operating hours a few months later. Although the hours may (and often do) change after Disney releases them, the EMH schedule (which parks, which days) typically won't.

(To see if Disney has published a schedule for your visit, Google "Walt Disney World Operating Hours [month of your visit] [year of your visit]" and see if a pdf. with that title pops up at the top of your search results. I think current hours are out on those online schedules through April 2018, and the Disney website has them out through the end of July.)

MickeyMomV

From what I have seen the calendar, including EMH's, is usually out 6 months in advance for those people that are making dining reservations. So for the purpose of 30 or 60 FP's the calendars should already be set. The only changes we have seen on EMH's is Disney extending the time by adding an extra hour or two.

DisneyJoe

You can always change your FP+ later, if you decide to go to a different park.

Schedules with projected EMH are usually online from third parties a year out from a given arrival date. Disney releases an initial calendar of operating hours a few months later. Although the hours may (and often do) change after Disney releases them, the EMH schedule (which parks, which days) typically won't.

(To see if Disney has published a schedule for your visit, Google "Walt Disney World Operating Hours [month of your visit] [year of your visit]" and see if a pdf. with that title pops up at the top of your search results. I think current hours are out on those online schedules through April 2018, and the Disney website has them out through the end of July.)
They used to provide the pdfs to travel agents - they stopped just this past November - the search results that you are seeing, returning the PDFs, only give pdfs through April 2018, with an internal date of Oct 2017, so these are remnants of when they used to produce the pdfs.

When they did release them, they were released 6 months in advance, sometimes closer to 5 months.

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

They used to provide the pdfs to travel agents - they stopped just this past November - the search results that you are seeing, returning the PDFs, only give pdfs through April 2018, with an internal date of Oct 2017, so these are remnants of when they used to produce the pdfs.

When they did release them, they were released 6 months in advance, sometimes closer to 5 months.

Thanks for the update - I didn't realize they'd stopped. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom