Farley the Fiddler: Disneyland’s roping, joking, fiddling cowboy hangs up his spurs and heads for the sunset

Darkbeer1

Original Poster

>>Disneyland’s Farley the Fiddler will be hanging up his spurs this holiday weekend after decades of entertaining generations of dedicated fans with music and laughter as the roping, joking, fiddling cowboy of Frontierland.

Gary Francisco, better known to his legions of Disneyland fans as Farley the Fiddler, will retire from his daily Disneyland gig on Memorial Day after a half century of playing the comedic character.<<

Last edited:

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
He will be missed. Wonder if he’ll join his friends over at Knotts...
If you read the article at the OCR or other SCNG website, he is moving to Big Bear.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a cameo role every once in a while... Just not a regular

Darkbeer1

Original Poster
Imagine the stories this guy has... 40 years working at Disneyland. Insane.

More than a few.... I have had the pleasure to talk to him over the decades quite a few times, sometimes on duty, a few off.

I wish I could share, but he as always asked me to keep it between the two of us. But never anything bad, usually funny stuff, occasionally some frustrations with what was going on at the time (aka The Suits).

But I know Dana Daniels had quite a few stories about him, as does Kirk and the Hillbillies. (Just thought about the fact a couple of Hillbillies attend our weeding, Kirk had a gig that day.)

One thing that has, and still is important to him is his educational work with kids (music). He took advantage of DLR's policy of crediting his volunteer work, and also providing supplies, sometimes directly from the park, sometimes from other CM's. I also know of businesses that have helped out quietly.

A very good man, I hope he has the best of retirements.

jmuboy

I hope the park has plans for similar entertainment..... characters like this (and the amazing cast who bring them to life ) are part of the fabric of the park that make DL so special!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom