Farewell To Disneytrips Radio

Imagineer Dave

Original Poster
It seems that Disney/Magictrips Radio is shutting down after May 17th. Read this from the site:

Magictrips Radio DISCONTINUED
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act, the law that makes the public broadcast of copyrighted material possible, is being revised on May 22 to require broadcasters to pay royalty fees to recording artists and companies on a per track / per listener schedule. The cost to keep Magictrips Radio in progress is one that will cost over $3000 a year at its current listenership, barring no future music or listeners are added.

The regularly scheduled Magictrips Radio broadcast will continue through May 16. May 17 will feature a special version of the broadcast, complete with special shows and tracks that commemorate the over two year run of the broadcast. A special farewell message will be broadcast at 9:00p E / 6:00p P.

Now what will i listen to

:cry:

Disney4648

(Moron (disney4648)walks in) Can someone please explain to me what Disneytrips radio is, sounds like its similar to radio disney?
thanx
-disney4648

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by Disney4648
(Moron (disney4648)walks in) Can someone please explain to me what Disneytrips radio is, sounds like its similar to radio disney?
thanx
-disney4648

It's streaming music from

http://www.live365.com

sign up and run a search for disney...should be #1 on the hit list.....has a great selection of disney music that goes 24 hrs a day.

Pioneer Hall

Even though it is another Disney sites radio...i have to tell you guys about it...

intercot's radio station on live365.com is great

Nut4Disney

actually if you sign up for live 365 and do a search for WDW, more stations will pop up than if you just do a search for disney.

MKCustodial

Darn it, I just "discovered" it, and it really is the best one of the ones I know, by far. I have in my list:
DisneyRob, Mouse info, Mouseworld and Laughing Place.
I'll try intercot... And that was a good tip, searching through WDW instead of Disney. Thanks! :wave:

MKCustodial

Originally posted by MKCustodial
Ok, Intercot really is good, maybe it'll be a good substitute to Disneytrips. And I also just added MouseTyme.

Apparently, Mousetyme is going bye-bye as well. Bummer...:(

NowInc

....this is going to spur a long list of "pirate" radio stations on the net...I already know of 12 DIFFERENT setups already in the works...one of which im involved with ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom